Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Go Back In Time.....

Poster
    Hi, i read somewhere that if you travel faster than the speed of light, you acctually go back in time? But how, once somethings happened its happened. A very weird thought!!

DJ Weiser

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    pure theory
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    I know I'd change somethings though

4. Lounge   -   #4
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    Originally posted by danb@28 February 2004 - 19:33
    I know I'd change somethings though
    me too!!

5. Lounge   -   #5
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Oh man, this discussion can go soooooooooooo deep

If you meet your future self and he kills you, then he will never have existed that long so he did'nt kill you so how would it actually happen?

Scary

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

6. Lounge   -   #6
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    events happen in real time but by the time you see them happen they have already occured....when we look at stars we look at events that happened some time ago because of the speed of light and the distance. therefore we can see back in time so to speak but we can't make time go backwards...even though a certain us president is trying to make my country go back to the 1940s

just in case i am wrong and we can go back in time...make sure you don't take a dump before you go

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    It wouldn't happen

He still be able to exist until then becasue it wouldn't be known that you would go forward in time until you did

8. Lounge   -   #8
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    watch the butterfly effect that movie does a good job explaining time travel and why u can't and can so does time machine love both of those movies.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Einstein or some other smart guy compared time to a river, and that time always flowed one way, but there was always the possibility of a whirlpool, which would be the water going opposite direction, and that would be the time going backwards
    But I say no, it can't happen
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

10. Lounge   -   #10
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I say impossible. If you take off in a space craft, how could you possibly land before you took off.

Einsteins theory of relativitiy is ok in theory. but in practice, No. Everything else is relative. So to return to where you started would be relative from when you started. So it would be at a later time. Sorry Albert.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast