Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tell Me Why Aol Sucks?

Poster
    Firstly i couldnt find a place suitable to put this question so put it here,if mods want it moved then thats cool

I want to know exactly why AOL sucks,what is it that makes it so unpopular with alot of people?
    I just cant see why,so enlighten me please

2. Lounge   -   #2
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    two things that come to mind right away are the price, $24.99 for dialup, and the bugs that the software always seem to have.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    The price, the speed, the customer service, those annoying ads, the stability...

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

4. Lounge   -   #4
    SuperJude™'s Avatar IRC Interloper
    Proprietrary! You use their browser you see what they want you to. Spam. Bundled with every damn thing.

It's so EASY!!!!!

No the internet is NOT easy, stop selling the dream of being mindless to people already mired in that existance.

AOHELL!!

Even Time Warner is dropping the name AOL from the corporate name.

0_o

-SJ™
    "We Love You SuperJude!"- the fans

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Poster
    MagicNakor Posted on 7 March 2003 - 10:15
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The price, the speed, the customer service, those annoying ads, the stability...

I'm in England and the price isn't too bad for dial up,speed wise i agree with you as is slow,customer service one of only ISP to have free customer helpline number,annoying adds,what ads?...stability wise its gr8..only ISP that doesn't dissconnect you after a certain ammount of time(i have stayed on for over 24 hours without being cut off).
    I think its an american thing.I mean you guys are way ahead of us when it comes to the internet,you have had it for ages and its a very competitive market in the states.Its not so much over here,will be in time just going to take longer as you had a head start on most of us.And you guys make up a big % of net users so good at making your voices heard.
    I hate BT(british telecom)they suck,too pricy and crap service wouldnt go near them as an ISP either.
    Long live AOL :-" :'(

6. Lounge   -   #6
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by N£MO@7 March 2003 - 04:54
    MagicNakor Posted on 7 March 2003 - 10:15
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm in England and the price isn't too bad for dial up,speed wise i agree with you as is slow,customer service one of only ISP to have free customer helpline number,annoying adds,what ads?...stability wise its gr8..only ISP that doesn't dissconnect you after a certain ammount of time(i have stayed on for over 24 hours without being cut off).
    I think its an american thing.I mean you guys are way ahead of us when it comes to the internet,you have had it for ages and its a very competitive market in the states.Its not so much over here,will be in time just going to take longer as you had a head start on most of us.And you guys make up a big % of net users so good at making your voices heard.
    I hate BT(british telecom)they suck,too pricy and crap service wouldnt go near them as an ISP either.
    Long live AOL :-" :'(
    GOD BLESS AMERICA AND SUPPORT YOUR TROOPS!!!

7. Lounge   -   #7
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    NTL World in the UK has a free customer helpline number, Ive never had AOHELL my self but my dad and sister use it and i have used it there, Must admit at first i thought, "this might be good" but that was before i knew any better .

Aol software is crap, the only good thing with 6 was the option to send free sms, but with the advent of 7, which hasnt got the option its just a crap browser that doesnt support all the websites out there. The chat rooms arnet as good as yahoo messenger, the sport and entertainment options are crap, and how hard is it to do a search in google to find what your looking for.

Also the quick keywords like CNN which take you straight to the CNN website, come on how bloody lazy or stupid do they think we are, im sure even 6 and 7 year olds can put in www., but just think about this they go to school and start learning pcs, they do the internet one day, a kid thats not on AOHELL finds everything he wants with www. and google .com, while the other kid types cartoons or whatever in the address bar, and gets the fun taking out of him for it, and kids can be very nasty just think if it puts him of the internet for life. Aol has spoilt it for that kid just because they want to make the internet easier for ppl.

Ok that might have been a bit extreme, but you see my point, nothing in this life is easy so why should the internet (which is easy anyway) be made any easier, no wonder laziness is creeping into everyday lives.

So i think every one should tell AOHELL where to stick there little round cd.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    (
    GOD BLESS AMERICA AND SUPPORT YOUR TROOPS!!! [/QUOTE]

And Funky, what a load of codswallop, no wonder ppl dislike the americans if thats your attidude, especialy as you quoted someone in the UK, or did you net realise that the british acctually have troops over there 2, might not be as many as the "good ol` USofA" but i bet its a higher percentage of our total troops that are over there.

And before anyone jumps down my throat i didnt mean Terrorists disliking you i meant the world in general even the british.

And just look at the flag in my sig i think that says what my feelings are, plain and simple.

9. Lounge   -   #9
      GOD BLESS AMERICA AND SUPPORT YOUR TROOPS!!! 
    I coud not be a teologist, but... are you SO sure God is the logistic of your army? I never thought He was so right-minded.

If i were god i'd ask you why to buy so many weapons to invent a war any 4 years, when you could have been spending them to build free hospitals.

But maybe you earn enough money to have an health insurance, so you don't have any better idea than to bomb people you are making starving for 10 years.

Peace

10. Lounge   -   #10
    AOL uses to much crap on the explorer. Heck, it dosn't even use Internet Explorer. Normally the speeds suck, the prices stink, and you cant even play games with it online. Plus it uses way to much memory compared to my diel up, and after a year or two of using it, AOL corupts your computer. Well, actually if you an AOL fan then you wont notice any diference, but if your smart and decide to get a new internet provider, you will have lots of trouble. So screw AOL! I also think that MSN sucks but its sooo much better then AOL...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast