Thread: Avg Antivirus Free Version

Skeptic's Avatar Poster
    Will the free version of AVG AntiVirus work on my home network created by my router .... I only need it for a single computer .... The other has its own AntiVirus program ...

I know their website says that it doesn't work in a networked environment .. but I figured this is just for computers which do not have individually installed AntiVirus progs but need to be protected with a network AntiVirus version ...

There is another thread that asks this question among many others .... but this one hasn't gotten an answer ... figured if I asked it directly, it would be better

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Im all networked up and use to use Nortan, however it caused networking problems so i switches to the free version of AVG i have it installed on each pc (3 in total) and it works fine and much better than nortan. However if you have nortan installed while AVG at the same time, AVG doesnt like it, not sure if this is counted over the network though. Best bet is to just get AVG free version on all your Pc's.

Peerzyboy

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Skeptic's Avatar Poster
    However if you have nortan installed while AVG at the same time, AVG doesnt like it, not sure if this is counted over the network though.
    AVG and Norton are working fine together over the network ... Thanks.