Thread: Be Afraid... Very Afraid!

ladybunnybear's Avatar Poster
    Mars (North) and Venus, depending on my mood
    Be afraid... very afraid!

You might have all the protection in the world and erase your tracks, clean your registry in a regular basis... but you have no idea of the huge amount of data and private information you are 'smearing' within your computer. Information about you, stored on your own computer, accessible to other and almost invisible to you...

If you want to be scared, you should read this article, Reverser's anonymity lab, and check your computer...

http://66.98.132.48/fravia/noanon.htm
    DESTINY, n. : A tyrant's authority for crime and fool's excuse for failure (Devil's Dictionary)
    "I have great faith in fools; my friends call it self-confidence." (E.A.P.)
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Undressed tournament

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    Poster
    Don't really have the time to care about things like this.

Just be smart about what you put on your computer and you won't need to be concerned either.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    sounds to me like a new member was really bored and just wanted something to post.. whatever. Theres lot's of good and bad out there. I share files, Do you?
    Those who say it can not be done should not interrupt those who are doing it...

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    ladybunnybear's Avatar Poster
    Mars (North) and Venus, depending on my mood
    Don't really have the time to care about things like this.
    Just be smart about what you put on your computer and you won't need to be concerned either.
    If your not interested and have no time, don't reply... Or read it before talking about being smart... It's things like Windows and Explorer that you probably have on your computer that hides your personnal data. There is not much you can do to prevent it... I'm not really worried... it is just evil... I thought it could interest some of you...

sounds to me like a new member was really bored and just wanted something to post.. whatever. Theres lot's of good and bad out there. I share files, Do you?
    You must be pretty bored to reply to a new member that was really bored. I am sorry, but turn off the bitch switch.

And, I DO SHARE...
    DESTINY, n. : A tyrant's authority for crime and fool's excuse for failure (Devil's Dictionary)
    "I have great faith in fools; my friends call it self-confidence." (E.A.P.)
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Undressed tournament

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by balamm@1 March 2004 - 03:28
    Don't really have the  time to care about things like this.

You must be pretty bored to reply to a new member that was really bored. I am sorry, but turn off the bitch switch.

Interesting.

About 5 years old but still interesting

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    h1
    Good for a quick laugh...

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I don't really have anything to hide but it's still interesting. E:mails are supposed to be scaned as we send them by various organisations and I've no doubt some people can find out exaclty what I've done on my P.C and how and probably bypass my firewall without me noticing. I've heard of MS tracking things like files opening in Win Media player before.