Thread: Cee Dee Advice

Keikan's Avatar ........
    Ok I am in a dilema.

I got 2 choices

1. A Lite-ON cd-rw/dvd-rom combo drive $76

2. A LG 16x dvd drive and use my current cd-rw $45

but there's a catch, my burner is old so the speed is Read:32x RW:4x Write:8x
    no buffer underun protection while the new one does.

Now don't go sayin ah that burning is fucking slow!!!! Because I don't care if it's slow waiting 15-30 min isn't so bad. It the buffer under run thing that worries me.

So what shall I choose?
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    thats a tough choice but if you havent had any problems with buffer underrun errors yet then just get teh dvd drive but if u do have problems and have the cash to spare buy the combo drive.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    what prices are those in (american usd, euraopien?)...
    Gaint Antispyware is the #1 greatest Spyware/Adware cleaner ever created, I recomend it to everybody, even if you don't think you need it.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    I would say go with the combo drive.

And if you can afford more then look into a DVD burner.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Where are you from Keikan?
    if it's Canada,w hich I think it could be by looking at the prices of those drives, TigerDirect.ca has a DVD burner for $109.97 and you may even be able to find one cheaper
    Or you could just go with the combo drive you listed earlier
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    i have a TDK VeloCD 52x burner, and its NICE! and it only cost 70 bucks (american) havent burned a coaster ever. but, as i understand it, lite-on is a good choice for a burner, so i would go with that

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    Ok i'll just get the combo drive I seem to have no errors unless I use REALLY CRAPPY burning software like "Hotburn"
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    If I clean my temps and Defrag before I burn never noticed the buffer under run protection or even if it helps.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Originally posted by Mïcrösöül°V³@29 February 2004 - 21:01
    i have a TDK VeloCD 52x burner, and its NICE! and it only cost 70 bucks (american) havent burned a coaster ever. but, as i understand it, lite-on is a good choice for a burner, so i would go with that
    Micro I found out the other day Lite on is made by Hatachi I was impressed both my dvd and cdr are lite on good product.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by peat moss+1 March 2004 - 23:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (peat moss @ 1 March 2004 - 23:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mïcrösöül°V³@29 February 2004 - 21:01
    i have a TDK VeloCD 52x burner, and its NICE&#33; and it only cost 70 bucks (american) havent burned a coaster ever. but, as i understand it, lite-on is a good choice for a burner, so i would go with that
    Micro I found out the other day Lite on is made by Hatachi I was impressed both my dvd and cdr are lite on good product. [/b][/quote]
    my tv is hitachi and it isnt a big screen, my tv is the only non big screen hitachi tv ive ever seen lol.