Thread: Ms Excel

Poster
    I'm a high-level no0b who never used excel before. Now, my phys. teacher told us to graph the data we are supposed to enter in the cells. My problemo is that the MTFKing chart displays two lines, one for TIME and another for DISPLACEMENT. WHERE it is supposed to plot a DISPLACEMENT Vs. TIME graph, which contains only one line for VELOCITY (Displacement/Time).

I can't figure out how to do the formula to divide Displacement by Time. The data are in two colums (A & B),w here A is Time and B is displacement. There are 13 rows of data for each column, how do I make a formula to devide every row in column B(Displacement) by every row in column A(Time). I also wanna be able to make a graph for the data was entered.

Edit: NVM PROBLEM FIXED. Just 1 o' these stupid mittakes I've made (I always do). B)
    Click the longhorn icon to visit my website.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    h1
    You confused the hell out of me there.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Burritto

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by haxor41789@3 March 2004 - 10:55
    You confused the hell out of me there.
    &#39;cause I wuz confused too, so how do I explain something that I dun understand
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    for the graph highlight the 2 columns and choose a XY-Scatter Graph (connected with smooth lines).

to do the formula do "=B1/A1" (no quotation marks) where a1 is a result for displacement and b1 is a result for time. to do the formula for every cell either copy and pase it or drag the little black box down in the bottom-right of the cell the formula is in.
    SP

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Thnx alot. I already figured out how to do the graph, but I didn&#39;t know how to do the formula for all of them untill you told me, thnx again