Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Download Speed

Benno's Avatar Poster
    make sure the built in windows firewall is disabled

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    When i disable my Firewall "Kerio" speed doesnt change. I have disabled my windows XP firewall. I think the problem is my router, but i cant seem to figure out how to allow ports to work. I am using a Zyxel Prestige 642-ME. In the manuals i cant find anything. This is what i see. What should i change? Any ideas?

Image Resized
    [img]http://server6.uploadit.org/files/NewBie40-Zyxel.JPG' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Benno's Avatar Poster

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Already read that one but it didnt help. But thanks anyway. I dont think i am going to be able to solve this problem. No one seems to know how to configure the Zyxel router

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Poster
    stick ya settings on dialup/isdn
    i normally put upload at 15k and number of uploads to about 5 - 10
    <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Arial'>AMD 2600
    512 DDR RAM
    160GB HDD
    GeForce 5600 FX 256mb
    Sony DVD writer +/-
    Windows XP</span></span>
    <span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Bit torrent client - ABC</span></span></span>

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    muchspl2
    did you force a green light otherwise just wait
    if you forced it green (check box in options) then you really are yellow and need to forward ports 6881 to 6889
    the router should have a 800 # for tech service or you could try a program called port magic

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by NewBie40@3 March 2004 - 20:58
    Already read that one but it didnt help. But thanks anyway. I dont think i am going to be able to solve this problem. No one seems to know how to configure the Zyxel router
    grab the manual and read

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Poster
    Ckick on the advanced tab, when the new window opens,highlight the top IP address in the list and then click "manual announce" at the bottom of the screen.It forces your BT client to look for other seeds.Sometimes it will only speed up other peoples uploads from you but once your share rating is higher switch your connection speed to dial up and you will see an increase for a little while,when it slows again switch to unlimited or T3 or whatever and it may speed up again.If it doesn&#39;t just wait until your share rating is high again and then drop back to dial up and it will go up again. Sounds dumb but it works,at least it does for me.
    Gigabyte GA7-VT600 P-L
    Athlon XP2500+ @ 3200+
    512mb OCZ DDR333 (2,3,3,7)
    Samsung SP8004h 80gig harddrive
    Radeon 9200 128 mb
    LG cdrw/dvd drive

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Poster
    Originally posted by johnboy27@5 March 2004 - 11:16
    once your share rating is higher switch your connection speed to dial up and you will see an increase for a little while,when it slows again switch to unlimited or T3 or whatever and it may speed up again.If it doesn&#39;t just wait until your share rating is high again and then drop back to dial up and it will go up again.
    There&#39;s no point in switching your upload speed to something faster than your connection can reach even for a second. BitTorrent will consider your connection as &#39;choking&#39; on both uploads AND downloads and may cripple your download speeds further.

On Torrents which don&#39;t seem to have enough seeds/download speed, raise your upload speed to about 80-90% of your connection&#39;s max and set number of upload slots to as high as you can and still offer 2-3 KB/sec to EACH upload slot.

If you&#39;re sending out 3 KB/sec to someone, usually they&#39;ll return the favor and start uploading back to you -- but if you&#39;re sending out <2 KB/sec, they may not ever upload to you&#33; The fastest uploader to someone is almost always rewarded with the greatest amount of their upload speed.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Poster
    Originally posted by Switeck+5 March 2004 - 19:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Switeck @ 5 March 2004 - 19:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-johnboy27@5 March 2004 - 11:16
    once your share rating is higher switch your connection speed to dial up and you will see an increase for a little while,when it slows again switch to unlimited or T3 or whatever and it may speed up again.If it doesn&#39;t just wait until your share rating is high again and then drop back to dial up and it will go up again.
    There&#39;s no point in switching your upload speed to something faster than your connection can reach even for a second. BitTorrent will consider your connection as &#39;choking&#39; on both uploads AND downloads and may cripple your download speeds further.

On Torrents which don&#39;t seem to have enough seeds/download speed, raise your upload speed to about 80-90% of your connection&#39;s max and set number of upload slots to as high as you can and still offer 2-3 KB/sec to EACH upload slot.

If you&#39;re sending out 3 KB/sec to someone, usually they&#39;ll return the favor and start uploading back to you -- but if you&#39;re sending out <2 KB/sec, they may not ever upload to you&#33; The fastest uploader to someone is almost always rewarded with the greatest amount of their upload speed. [/b][/quote]
    Hate to tell you man but it does actually work for me.Not every time but most of the time it does.I have seen some torrents double in speed and sometimes triple.They don&#39;t stay that way for more then say 20 minutes but then you just switch your upload speed back the way it was and wait until your share rating comes back up.
    Gigabyte GA7-VT600 P-L
    Athlon XP2500+ @ 3200+
    512mb OCZ DDR333 (2,3,3,7)
    Samsung SP8004h 80gig harddrive
    Radeon 9200 128 mb
    LG cdrw/dvd drive

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast