Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Graphic Card Help

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....y=BROWSE&depa=1

i just fry my process and time to upgrade...i'm looking to get a AMD 64bit processor with this graphic card but i'm not sure if this motherboard will suppport my old graphic card. it say it support 4x/8x AGP but i'm not sure....

plz help...need feedback asap.

MSI K8T800 Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket 754 CPU, Model "K8T NEO-FSR" -RETAIL

Specifications:
    Supported CPU: Socket 754 AMD Athlon 64 Processors
    Chipset: VIA K8T800 + VT8237
    RAM: 3x DIMM for DDR400/333/266 Max 2GB
    IDE: 2x UltraDMA 133 up to 4 Devices
    Slots: 1x AGP 8X/4X, 5x PCI 2.2(32-bit,3.3V/5V) Ports: 2xPS2,1xLPT,1xCOM,1xLAN,8xUSB2.0(Rear 4),SPDIF Out,Audio Ports
    Onboard Audio: Realtek ALC655 6-Channel Codec
    Onboard LAN: Realtek 8110S GbE
    Onboard SATA/RAID: VT8237, 2x Serial ATA, RAID 0/1
    Form Factor: ATX

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    if your old graphic card is AGP, then youll be fine. BTW, what GFX card do you have? *edit* and if the mobo specs say it supports AGP, then im pretty sure they mean it. I dont think they wrote the specs as a joke.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    my old graphic card is a ATI 8500 128mbit 4X AGP ....i'm having doubt that this mobo won't support 4x AGP. it say it support 4x/8x AGP slot.....but

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    Originally posted by pichan916@2 March 2004 - 02:31
    my old graphic card is a ATI 8500 128mbit 4X AGP ....i'm having doubt that this mobo won't support 4x AGP. it say it support 4x/8x AGP slot.....but

WTF??!?!
    are you lost?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    BANNED
    As long as your cards 4 x mate it'll be ok.The older cards may not because they're a lower voltage.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    On the motherboard spec it say "Slots: 1x AGP 8X/4X" What does that mean....does it support 8x or 4x, cuz i know for sure that 1 slot can't support both 8x and 4x. 8x and 4x slot are built differently. That is why i'm asking to see if anyone know what the spec mean by 8x/4x and if my old 4x will be support by it.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    nevermind, forgot to check the detail specification tab....

Detailed Specifications
    Model K8T Neo-FSR
    CPU Socket 754 for AMD Athlon64 processor
    Max FSB. HyperTransport
    Chipset VIA K8T800 + VT8237
    Memory 3x DIMM for DDR400*/333/266 Max 2GB
    DDR400 maximum 4 banks (2 double-sided) only

Expansion Slots 1 x AGP 8X
    5 x PCI

IDE 2x UltraDMA 133 up to 4 Devices

Serial ATA Serial ATA/150 controller integrated in VT8237, 2x Serial ATA

RAID RAID 0/1
    Internal I/O Connectors 1 x floppy port
    1 x IrDA connector
    4 x USB2.0 ports
    Back Panel I/O Connectors 1 x LPT
    1 x COM
    1 x PS/2 Keyboard
    1 x PS/2 Mouse
    4 x USB2.0
    1 x LAN
    SPDIF out, Audio Ports
    Integrated Video N/A
    Integrated Audio Realtek ALC 655 6 channel AC'97 codec
    Integrated LAN Realtek 8110S GbE
    Integrated 1394 N/A

System BIOS The mainboard BIOS provides "Plug & Play" BIOS which detects the peripheral devices and expansion cards of the board automatically.
    The mainboard provides a Desktop Management Interface(DMI) function which records your mainboard specifications.
    Additional Features Not Specified
    Form Factor ATX
    Dimensions 305 x 245mm

so it doesn't support 4x....then what the point of the 4x/8x AGP support thing.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    sry... but you are ignorant. 4x/8x means that it supports both. agp 4x and agp8x slots are built almost exactly the same, they just run at different speeds. dont worry, your graphics card will work perfectly fine on the motherboard.

and @ ck-uk.. the older cards use a higher voltage, its the newer ones that use less volts.
    Gaint Antispyware is the #1 greatest Spyware/Adware cleaner ever created, I recomend it to everybody, even if you don't think you need it.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by pichan916@2 March 2004 - 02:44
    On the motherboard spec it say "Slots: 1x AGP 8X/4X"  What does that mean....does it support 8x or 4x, cuz i know for sure that 1 slot can't support both 8x and 4x.  8x and 4x slot are built differently. That is why i'm asking to see if anyone know what the spec mean by 8x/4x and if my old 4x will be support by it.
    How do you know that "for sure"?

It says it supports 4x so it supports 4x. What's so difficult about that?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    go check the product at newegg with the given link. On the outside spec it say 4x/8x support but if you go into the detail spec it say only 1 8x slot. take a look before calling me ignorant.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....y=BROWSE&depa=1

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....epa=1§ion=2

there your proof.

and 4x and 8x slot are bulit differently. You cannot put a 4x card into an 8x slot. I try it before when i was helping a friend out. it won't fit in. i'm guessing it the same with putting 8x card into a 4x slot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast