View Poll Results: Do You Go To The Gym?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 32.43%
  • No

19 51.35%
  • Sometimes

6 16.22%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do You Go To The Gym?

Originally posted by Busyman+5 March 2004 - 01:24--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Busyman &#064; 5 March 2004 - 01:24)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Cygnuz&#045;Y@4 March 2004 - 18:22
    I have try many times to go to the gym and everytime i go, i feel like shit the next day and if i continue going i keep feeling like shit, at some point i couldnt even put my T-shirt without pain, so i guees there is no point in going to the Gym&nbsp;
    If you would have kept going you would have seen and felt progress.

You can&#39;t just go one time and expect pure bliss.[/b][/quote]
    You are right Busyman, when I started lifting in college, it was in a "weight-training" class and it took a full 4-6 weeks before I saw any results. But I really knew it was working when I went home for Spring Break and my mother wanted to know who I was. Mental discipline, effort, and lots of dorm food are all you need.

As for pain, that goes away after the first week. And at about week 4-6 your body realizes that you aren&#39;t kidding around and your metabolism seems to reset what it thinks your body should look like and you really start to "blossom" into a new physique.

Ah, those were the days, before I got a job and stopped working out. I&#39;m 20lbs too heavy now, but back in the gym and working on the situation after years of neglect.

At 9 weeks now, 5 days a week, running and lifting. Damn, I hate running&#33; Not a bad effort for a New Years resolution.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by hobbes+4 March 2004 - 21:42--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes &#064; 4 March 2004 - 21:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Busyman@5 March 2004 - 01:24
    <!--QuoteBegin-Cygnuz&#045;Y
    @4 March 2004 - 18:22
    I have try many times to go to the gym and everytime i go, i feel like shit the next day and if i continue going i keep feeling like shit, at some point i couldnt even put my T-shirt without pain, so i guees there is no point in going to the Gym

If you would have kept going you would have seen and felt progress.

You can&#39;t just go one time and expect pure bliss.
    You are right Busyman, when I started lifting in college, it was in a "weight-training" class and it took a full 4-6 weeks before I saw any results. But I really knew it was working when I went home for Spring Break and my mother wanted to know who I was. Mental discipline, effort, and lots of dorm food are all you need.

As for pain, that goes away after the first week. And at about week 4-6 your body realizes that you aren&#39;t kidding around and your metabolism seems to reset what it thinks your body should look like and you really start to "blossom" into a new physique.

Ah, those were the days, before I got a job and stopped working out. I&#39;m 20lbs too heavy now, but back in the gym and working on the situation after years of neglect.

At 9 weeks now, 5 days a week, running and lifting. Damn, I hate running&#33; Not a bad effort for a New Years resolution. [/b][/quote]
    I love running but hate the time consuming part of weight lifting.

That&#39;s why I do super sets whenever possible.

EX. Triceps kickbacks then biceps curl- back to back 4 sets

Wrist curl (for the forearms; both sides) then Deltoid raises- back to back 4 sets

NO REST because when doing the bicep curl the triceps are resting and vice-versa.

I ran long distance and sprint in school and that&#39;s just mind over matter.
    Alot of people stop when they don&#39;t have too. The only way I stop is if I get a muscle spasm. Otherwise it feels like I could run forever.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    in my younger years i was captain of the swimming team but after my education stopped i started going to the gym and i did actually take up powerlifting, i wasn&#39;t world class obviously but do have several trophy&#39;s. I gave up when things started to get serious (i am anti drug) and it lost it&#39;s fun. Now i have 3 children aged 8 months 5 years and 16 years and one on the way :helpsmile: so i don&#39;t get the time to go to the gym as often as i would like, however i do get plenty of exercise.
    I also scuba dive in some pretty savage waters as often as i can

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    bootylicious's Avatar You've been punk'd
    i don&#39;t go to the gym and i don&#39;t plan on going anytime soon (can&#39;t afford it) im currently looking for something i can use at home; an equipment which is compact but gets the job done especially on my abs.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Poster
    i go reguraly to the gym to excersise myself.Actually i really enjoy so

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Originally posted by bootylicious@7 March 2004 - 15:11
    i don&#39;t go to the gym and i don&#39;t plan on going anytime soon (can&#39;t afford it) im currently looking for something i can use at home; an equipment which is compact but gets the job done especially on my abs.
    don&#39;t waste money on equiptment...just do crunches (not the chocolate bar)

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    Originally posted by vidcc+8 March 2004 - 02:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vidcc &#064; 8 March 2004 - 02:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-bootylicious@7 March 2004 - 15:11
    don&#39;t waste money on equiptment...just do crunches (not the chocolate bar)[/b][/quote]
    I like my "Bowflex" because I can do Abdominal work with weight resistance. Typical gyms don&#39;t offer this.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by hobbes+7 March 2004 - 21:24--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 7 March 2004 - 21:24)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by vidcc@8 March 2004 - 02:17
    <!--QuoteBegin-bootylicious
    @7 March 2004 - 15:11

don&#39;t waste money on equiptment...just do crunches (not the chocolate bar)
    I like my "Bowflex" because I can do Abdominal work with weight resistance. Typical gyms don&#39;t offer this. [/b][/quote]
    I use a machine where you lean forward while sitting with straps in your hands over your shoulders (it uses a pulley). I get my abs and external obliques.
    I also do knee lifts on a modified dip bar.
    Every typical gym has these that I&#39;ve come across, from my county gym to Bally&#39;s.

I&#39;ve tried Soloflex, with the rubber bands, and Bpwflex, with the bending bars, and still prefer traditional weights. Bowflex is not bad though and doesn&#39;t take up lots of space.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    For people in the U.S. that do not want to pay membership fees but still desire to work out, you can visit your nearest YMCA and work out for free or at a very cheap membership rate. It caters to families as well so if you have other family members you could all exercise at the ymca.

I personally have never worked out at one so I can not tell you what all you can do or what kind of equipment they have but I&#39;m sure you could find out somehow

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    Originally posted by shn@8 March 2004 - 00:55
    For people in the U.S. that do not want to pay membership fees but still desire to work out, you can visit your nearest YMCA and work out for free or at a very cheap membership rate. It caters to families as well so if you have other family members you could all exercise at the ymca.

I dunno....ever since the 80s and the village people i have tended to view those places with a none too keen attitude
    I use the gym at the Uni (i am not a student) It&#39;s cheap and well equipped (even though they don&#39;t have a free standing squat rack ). It also has basketball/ squash courts etc. The only drawback is that it has closed times for classes (not uni classes) which is a big downer especially when you look inside the class and see only 4 people working out.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast