Thread: Pleaz Help!

Poster
    I been having this annoying pop ups long enough, i have decided to stop them !!!!!

This fucking pop ups appear in screen everytime you leave the mouse stopped,

I dont know what to do, i have tried everything, i dont know what to do, im desesperated....

I have tried:

1. McAfee Virus scan with all updates
    2. Ad-Aware
    3. Spybot- Search and Destroy
    4. i googled it too to find out a AV page that told me to update virus definitions and then do a full system scan (wich i already did with no success)....

In one of those pop ups it said to check a website to remove the pop up, then i go to my web browser to find out the FUCKERS made this little pop ups to make money, they want people to buy their stupid $10 software to remove something they installed on my PC, this is the web site: http://www.messagestop.net/

If someone had the same problem pleaz tell me how to solve it, i really want to get rid of this shit, and im not paying 10 bucks to the stupid asshole that did this..

THANK YOU I REALLY NEED HELP!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Retired
    all you need is:

Shoot The Messenger

http://grc.com/stm/shootthemessenger.htm

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    I did, when i go to the process list and see how the process is called it says it is:

csrss.exe

when i checked google that, it says that it is the program in charge of the WIN32 console, there is no way i can shut down that!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by {I}{K}{E}@3 March 2004 - 21:23
    all you need is:

Shoot The Messenger

http://grc.com/stm/shootthemessenger.htm
    I will try that, thank you...

Hope it works!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by Cygnuz-Y@3 March 2004 - 21:21
    This fucking pop ups appear in screen everytime you leave the mouse stopped
    Ok there first

1. It looks like adware/spyware of some sort. Did you update Ad-Aware or Spybot- Search and Destroy too.

2. Do not use some program for something that you can do yourself. Just stop/disable the "Messenger" service.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by Ariel_001+3 March 2004 - 21:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ariel_001 @ 3 March 2004 - 21:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Cygnuz&#045;Y@3 March 2004 - 21:21
    Ok there first

1. It looks like adware/spyware of some sort. Did you update Ad-Aware or Spybot- Search and Destroy too.

2. Do not use some program for something that you can do yourself. Just stop/disable the "Messenger" service. [/b][/quote]
    Do you have to pay to update:

Ad-aware/ spybot?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by Cygnuz&#045;Y+3 March 2004 - 21:39--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cygnuz-Y @ 3 March 2004 - 21:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Ariel_001@3 March 2004 - 21:36
    <!--QuoteBegin-Cygnuz&#045;Y
    @3 March 2004 - 21:21

Ok there first

2. Do not use some program for something that you can do yourself. Just stop/disable the "Messenger" service.
    Do you have to pay to update:

Ad-aware/ spybot? [/b][/quote]
    For spybot no you do not have to pay. The program itself has an option to update itself. Just search for it on the left side. It should be near the bottem. If you have troble updating then use the USA mirror. That always works for me.