Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paramount Copyright-infringement

hi, i got an email from my provider today that they received a message from paramount
    that i was violating their coprights.... my provider wont give them my address except in case there will be a lawsuit .... i had tombraider on my comp and always a few episodes of enterprise , but that was all., .... is this something to be afraid of?
    anyone has any experiences? i live in the netherlands , i'm not really scared just find it strange to receive such a letter. hope to get some respons.
    greetz Pruttel

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    What was on the email, and did you ask to get a copy of the letter.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    well, the email was in dutch and just said what i stated above that they received a message from paramount that i'm distributing their products . the provider says they don't mind what i do with my account but if there was to be a lawsuit they have to give them my personal information, there was no threat just a notification.. they didn't include the original email nor did i ask for it, it seems to be genuinely from my isp.
    i can try to ask for the original email but don't know if they'll reply. what the heck i'll try

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    oops, it also says i can get information at [email protected]
    but i dont think sending them something is wise

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    h1
    Ask your ISP for the headers from the email they got. Full headers.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    You can use peerguardian http://www.peerguardian.net or protowall http://bluetack.co.uk/pw.html, i prefer protowall, which block known p2p enemies ip Addresses from connecting to you...

Make sure you update the address reguraly

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    thanks junkyardking,
    i' have protowall up and running; see if it works....
    greetz pruttel

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    I wouldn't really trust it.... First off, the e-mail and web address sounds like a scam. If they were to accuse you of copyright infringement, they would most definiately send you a letter via mail. I remember reading a few ppl on this board saying they got messages like that, but I remember people saying it was probably fake. Don't give that site or e-mail any of your personal information, and try contacting your ISP and/or Paramount Pictures to see if they ever sent you anything like that.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    hi downloader,
    if you 'd been following you knew they had my ip not my mail, and since my provider doesn't give them my personal information they act through my provider , which sent me a genuine email concerning the matter in neutral words (i still hope they'll answer my reply since i only got a automated message saying they 'll respond but not if it's concerning some third-party action....). and yes i don't trust that emailadress either...
    greetz pruttel

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Originally posted by pruttel@3 March 2004 - 19:54
    hi downloader,
    if you 'd been following you knew they had my ip not my mail, and since my provider doesn't give them my personal information they act through my provider , which sent me a genuine email concerning the matter in neutral words (i still hope they'll answer my reply since i only got a automated message saying they 'll respond but not if it's concerning some third-party action....). and yes i don't trust that emailadress either...
    greetz pruttel
    But still, when it comes to legal matters like that, they usually won't e-mail you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast