Thread: I Have A Question About Installing Av

Poster
    i got norton AV 2004 off bit and now i have 10 seperate RAR files starting as t-n10000, t-n10001, t-n10002 and theres 7 more like this in sequence. what i need help with is installing the new version to replace the 60 day trial of the norton 2003 that my new comp came with. can anyone help me?
    PLEASE help me get my Free IPOD! my brother got his 4 days ago and i need help with referrals. the screensavers just aired a story and it works. Just use my referral link and i suggest the 2 week blockbuster trial. you won't owe anything! http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=10154369

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    muchspl2
    I don't want to help you install norton
    but you need winrar

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    i already have winrar installed but i think i fugured it out. i have a question that still needs an answer though. should i uninstall the old norton 2003 before installing the new one? and my new comp also came with norton personal firewall too so if i have to uninstall the old av will this likely cause any problems?
    PLEASE help me get my Free IPOD! my brother got his 4 days ago and i need help with referrals. the screensavers just aired a story and it works. Just use my referral link and i suggest the 2 week blockbuster trial. you won't owe anything! http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=10154369

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I would uninstall the older version first to be on the safe side. It may affect the firewall, but hey you can go back to bit and download the new version too.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    BANNED
    Originally posted by ripley02@5 March 2004 - 04:39
    i already have winrar installed but i think i fugured it out. i have a question that still needs an answer though. should i uninstall the old norton 2003 before installing the new one? and my new comp also came with norton personal firewall too so if i have to uninstall the old av will this likely cause any problems?
    What you realy need to be careful of mate is the shared files between the norton products when you uninstall.Norton also some times stores install files in the windows temp folder ,which you could clean out before you install the new one.