Thread: Red X's

I recently had both Kazaa and Kazaa lite on my system (afraid to uninstall the original Kazaa for fear of losing my shared files). Well, I finally get around to uninstalling that spyware havin' bad boy, and cleaning a few more unessentials on my system, and now when I go on Kazaa lite and look up songs, there are big red X's next to more than half of the music I look up, and even if try to download it it says "failed". Does anyone know what this is? I had a friend tell me it meant viruses, but he wasn't sure. Thanks. Ana

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    BANNED
    well first of did you run adaware to clean the spyware?? second are you behind a router?? , third what is your version??

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    A friend of mine installed and ran adaware on the computer. Not sure what a router is (i'm computer stupid- hence having the friend deal with it), and my version is 2.0.2.... at least, that's what it says. Those x's are getting a little annoying.

Thanks for trying. Ana

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by anasuya@5 March 2004 - 01:11
    Not sure what a router is (i'm computer stupid- hence having the friend deal with it), and my version is 2.0.2.... at least, that's what it says. Those x's are getting a little annoying.
    A router is a device that allows you to connect more than 1 computer to a single internet link. If you have more than 1 computer and they both/all can be online at the same time, then you almost certainly have a router.

Kazaa Lite v2.0.2 is very old -- you may want to upgrade. I think Kazaa Lite Ressurrection v2.5.0 is out now, which is probably the best version there is.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    BANNED
    well we do need to know if you have a router or not, so do you have more then one pc in the house??

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Filesharinghelp.com
    Originally posted by Switeck@5 March 2004 - 08:07
    Kazaa Lite v2.0.2 is very old -- you may want to upgrade. I think Kazaa Lite Ressurrection v2.5.0 is out now, which is probably the best version there is.
    But is still based on KMD 2.0.2 - dont be fooled by version numbers!

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by Lite+5 March 2004 - 11:53--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lite @ 5 March 2004 - 11:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Switeck@5 March 2004 - 08:07
    But is still based on KMD 2.0.2 - dont be fooled by version numbers&#33; [/b][/quote]
    The add-ons and built-in KL++ features have improved somewhat since the original Kazaa Lite v2.0.2 release.

But it is true that the Kazaa core is still v2.0.2.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    No router. Thanks for explaining it to me. I learn something new every day. Huh. Who&#39;da thunk it?

And you know, when I originally installed K-lite, while I still had KMD on my computer, K-lite ran fine. No red x&#39;s. It wasn&#39;t until I uninstalled KMD that the red x&#39;s started appearing.

Thanks. Ana

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@5 March 2004 - 15:10
    well we do need to know if you have a router or not, so do you have more then one pc in the house??
    Ok ... my first post to any forum, so apolgies if I botch it I am having the same problem (Red X&#39;s) and yes, I have 2 PC&#39;s connected to a Speedtouch 510 router. (1x W98SE, 1xXP) Kazaa Lite (2.4.3) causing me grief on both - Red X&#39;s abound on both, and I&#39;m finding it almost impossible to d/l ANY files, but the outgoing uploads are firing away like crazy. Great for everybody else, pretty sucky for me&#33; Quite a few of my d/l&#39;s have been static since Sept last year, which was when I went from dial-up to ADSL.
    *Some* newly started d/l&#39;s work OK, but I also have the same problem I read somewhere here, that 4 of them, all from same user, have stopped at 16,384kb. I&#39;ve not yet done a defrag as suggested, but will shortly, so hopefully will solve that problem.
    I have tried to install &#39;KLite26rc16&#39; on my W98 PC, and botched that a couple of times so decided to stick with 2.4.3. (did uninstal previous, saved Shared Folder etc elsewhere).
    Please, anyone helping, know that I am severely &#39;Technically Challenged&#39;&#33;&#33; I did find info on how to set the incoming ports etc , but it&#39;s in German, so not much help for non- techie non-German wimp&#33; What I need here is instructions for idiots ... please come hold my hand&#33; :helpsmile:

Lysdexic