Thread: Swap Killer

Thought this might be worth a read Click here

Just a grateful user!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    The Reverand's Avatar www.gamufi.com
    P2P software makers know people download their software to swap copyrighted material even if they won't admit it, no publisher in their right mind would implement that into their software.
    www.gamufi.com/forums
    www.getfirefox.com
    www.outfoxed.com
    4MB/384

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    You might say they're already doing this in a way...

There are whole companies whose sole purpose is to monitor and disrupt file-sharing networks.

They do this by recording the ip addresses, times, and files shared of those sharing copyrighted files without permission.

...and also by distributing massive quantities of fakes on the network.

By reusing the same file (this is the same file size and file HASH) for MANY different fakes, anyone who downloads ANY fake will end up sharing that file to ANYONE who tries to download any OTHER fake -- because they're really all the same file! End result, the whole network soon ends up sharing lots of fakes repeatedly.

One way to spot these multi-name fakes is to click the PLUS box on files with multiple sources and see if ANY of the sources lists that file with another name. If more than 1 has a different filename, chances are it's a fake.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    When will they learn it's never gonna work, Any p2p company implementing this would lose most of it's users overnight and an Isp would be looking at losing alot of customers, it's actually good for p2p programs and crackers because it's a challange to adapt and circumvent these systems, alot of the new fourth generation p2p apps like mute already have encryption as part of there protocol making this program useless...

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    this is really impossible to implement. a list of coyrighted material would be huge and need constant maintenance and it would be impossible to check all traffic against such a list. i notice they claim they used this against a university which would not be too hard but would certainly slow down all inbound traffic noticeably.

face it the only was they can stop filesharing of illegal content is to prosecute everyone sharing anything copyrighted. even then sueing the millions of people who use the networks would be suicide since having to put that many people through the courts would force the legislators to rethink the laws.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster

face it the only was they can stop filesharing of illegal content is to prosecute everyone sharing anything copyrighted. even then sueing the millions of people who use the networks would be suicide since having to put that many people through the courts would force the legislators to rethink the laws.
    I strongly agree with the above statement, because they would be probably suing thier employees that are maybe sharing themselves some illegal content. Every and each computer connected to the net with an IP address contains at least 1 illegally [email protected]ram. Who knows, the employees of RIAA might have k-lite installed in the RIAA offices' computers without them(admin.) knowing.
    Click the longhorn icon to visit my website.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::