Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nvidia Nv40 Specifications Confirmed

Source: http://www.theinquirer.net

NVIDIA REALLY needed to pull the cat out of the bag in the next round of its increasingly epic battle with ATI Technologies and from where we’re sitting we’d be more than surprised if the next round isn’t, now, a foregone conclusion.
    US sources close to Nvidia have confirmed that their next generation GPU will feature a full sixteen pipelines – not as previously speculated an 8x2 arrangement - and this is reflected in the increased transistor count of circa 205-210 million, up from a previously speculated 175 million.

In very recent times ATI have been extremely confident in saying that their R420 - set to launch not long after, Nvidia show their hand – would, immaterial of architecture, thoroughly outgun the NV40.

Indeed today, Richard Huddy - ATI's European Developer Relations Manager maintained that their expectation was for ATi’s R420 to be, faster, on balance, across a suite of 10 common games than Nvidia NV40.

However we think that ATI's earlier confidence was based on internal intelligence that Nvidia’s NV40 feature set would be limited to an architecture built on 175 million transistors and that Nvidia would deliver, as anticipated, on the first day of CeBIT in March.

Nvidia's launch date for NV40 seems to have shifted backwards, but even a month or so is not going to give ATi enough time for a hardware response.

Knowing what we know now about NV40 having a full sixteen pipelines, we sensed that despite some fighting talk, and indeed some intelligent and rationalised arguments, ATi are now hoping, at best for a close fight…

NV40 0wnage of ATi R420 coming soon to a store near you?

We sure think so… µ

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=14373

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    hrmm, we'll see. i'm not biased so i don't care who wins. i just go for the better card...
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Lick My Lovepump
    It'll be fun seeing them duking it out to the top of the performance ladder.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    i hope nvidia actually uses direct x code this time, instead of there gay propietary code. any work on that adamp2p? im not biased towared either so it doesnt matter who wins, but until nvidia can get good benchmarks with fsaa and af on max i wont be buying from them.
    Gaint Antispyware is the #1 greatest Spyware/Adware cleaner ever created, I recomend it to everybody, even if you don't think you need it.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    thank GOD!

geez it took them fucking long enuf

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    I hope the cards are REALLY closely matched. Why? Because it drives the price down, each going lower than the other......then who wins? We do

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Well we still don't know whether these 16 pipelines is rumor or not...

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    *Grunt*
    Nvidia's top of the range cards already have spec greater than that such as the quadro 4 this is competing in the 5900/9800 pro market, another fund raising sceme.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Lick My Lovepump
    I take it all as bullcrap till I see the benchmarks.

They all throw out this PR crap, we want to see the end product.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    CEBIT is not too far away now, apparently the R420 isn't going to be there but nVIDIA will be, all just speculation and rumours of course, but if I was going to launch my new top of the line next gen cards, that'd be the place i'd do it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast