Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Psu

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@4 March 2004 - 22:23
    Its got a 120mm and an 80mm. Some people might say that Ultra isnt the best powersupply or w/e..and you should spend more for antec or something...but my ultra is great.
    this one only has a 120mm fan on it...the picture that shows the 80mm fan and a 120mmm fan are just comparing what it would look like if it was an 80mm fan so that you see teh difference in size and think its so much better. not that it isnt better.

edit: keiken that black one is a standard picture that they put in the desriptions for all ultra power supplies...its clearly a different power supply from the one at the top of the page...

edit again: i accidently put jeiken instead of keiken lol.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    I see, my mistake...
    ANYWAY, so you guys think this PSU is worth buying? or try to get a new one from enermax since mine has a short
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    lynx's Avatar .
    Try to get a replacement first, otherwise I'd go for the 400W Ultra.

Question is, should you go for the one you linked, or this one which as $12 cheaper.

Edit: my mistake, the second one is USD.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Poster
    Here is one from www.ncix.com
    http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...028&vpn=W0009R

It has plenty of molex connectors for all your fans (13 in total)

And go for the replacement also and then sell it and get some of the cash you spent on the new one back.
    Gigabyte GA7-VT600 P-L
    Athlon XP2500+ @ 3200+
    512mb OCZ DDR333 (2,3,3,7)
    Samsung SP8004h 80gig harddrive
    Radeon 9200 128 mb
    LG cdrw/dvd drive

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Originally posted by johnboy27@5 March 2004 - 09:05
    Here is one from www.ncix.com
    http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...028&vpn=W0009R

It has plenty of molex connectors for all your fans (13 in total)

And go for the replacement also and then sell it and get some of the cash you spent on the new one back.
    That is a very good idea, with getting a new one from enermax and then selling it and getting a better one.
    I think i like the ultra one better, just as it is 20 bucks cheaper and there would be no way of me ever using 13 molex connectors. 8 would serve me plenty, all my stuff is connected now, and I only have 4....
    anyone know how enermax is with stuf like that? think they would send me a new one? or just tell me to screw off, i think they should send me a new one, since i've had this one less then a month and it has a short already
    I'll give em an email, [email protected] this is their addy I think, it's one I found on their site, so I'll see how things go
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    lynx's Avatar .
    If it is faulty they should replace it, but you may have to send it back where you got it rather than directly back to Enermax. How is it "shorted"? Or is it simply that you've overloaded it? If so, they can usually tell and may refuse to replace it.

IMO the Enermax psu's are better than the Ultra ones, but obviously you suspect you need one with more power. If that's the case then you should definitely upgrade your psu. But if your voltages are ok (if and when you get your replacement psu) then I would stick with the Enermax.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by lynx@5 March 2004 - 17:24
    If it is faulty they should replace it, but you may have to send it back where you got it rather than directly back to Enermax. How is it "shorted"? Or is it simply that you've overloaded it? If so, they can usually tell and may refuse to replace it.

IMO the Enermax psu's are better than the Ultra ones, but obviously you suspect you need one with more power. If that's the case then you should definitely upgrade your psu. But if your voltages are ok (if and when you get your replacement psu) then I would stick with the Enermax.
    at one of his molex connector the wires have to be bent a certain way for it to be giving the power so his hard drive is in constant jepordy of being shut off. I recomended he just fix it himself as it isnt too hard but he is too lazy.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Originally posted by lynx@5 March 2004 - 18:24

It is shorted in the way that one molex connector only works when positioned a certain way, if bumped or moved slightly it will cut power
    I do not think I absolutley need more power, but more would be nice, and more molex connectors would be more convenient for me as well.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@5 March 2004 - 18:38
    at one of his molex connector the wires have to be bent a certain way for it to be giving the power so his hard drive is in constant jepordy of being shut off. I recomended he just fix it himself as it isnt too hard but he is too lazy.
    I would not mind fixing it myself, if the PSU was more then a month old!
    I do not want a new PSU to have faults, I need power I can rely on
    I would have no problem fixing it myself on an older PSU, it just bugs me that a new one has a short

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by kaiweiler+5 March 2004 - 17:40--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kaiweiler @ 5 March 2004 - 17:40)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ROSSCO_2004@5 March 2004 - 18:38
    I would not mind fixing it myself, if the PSU was more then a month old&#33;
    I do not want a new PSU to have faults, I need power I can rely on
    I would have no problem fixing it myself on an older PSU, it just bugs me that a new one has a short [/b][/quote]
    hmm well if they wont return it for some reason and you still want to use it you could find an old power supply, maybe one that doesnt work at all, and snip off the wires with the 2 molexes at teh end and cut off the one molex that doesnt work on your current power supply and attach the two molexs from the older power supply.

you will be fixing the short problem and also gaining 1 extra molex which you can use for your fans or something...

i modded my power supply just a few weeks after i got it because i was stealthing my wires in the case and one molex wouldnt reach my hard drive which is on teh case floor so I cut half way through teh wire and added four new long wires in to make it a lot longer and now it reaches and it hasnt affected my voltages at all.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast