Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emule Or Kazaa?

spelunker121's Avatar Flailing about!
    Hi Board,

I am currently using Kazaa v2.4.3 Build 1

I like the "Security features" that Kazza claims to have
    (I.P blocker,hide files,blah,blahblah...) But It is starting to SUCK! what with all the fakes, viruse and trojans, and everything else.

I have seen alot of posts suggesting that Emule is much better.
    Does Emule have similar features????
    Could some PLEASE summerize the benifits/detrimints of this program Vs. Kazaa?

I would really appreciate it, Thanxxxx in advance.

Remember.....sharing is caring!
    Protect me from what I want!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    powerstick's Avatar Poster
    Get Overnet Read This Page And The Next About What To Get EMule Or Overnet -------------------------- Loader

Try Out SoulSeek for Music and tell us how it is. Overnet is not the best for music. PPl don't share much music on her. I don't know why. I know I do. I have 15 gigs of mp3's shared on here.
    Make your files the smallest possible to share. If you don't you how I recomend DR. DivX. It will do it for you. We don't want to have to dl that 2.5 gig sh*t for a movie or 2 SVCD's. SMALLEST FORMAT ALWAYS!!!!!!

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    BANNED
    overnet

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Overnet all the way man. I've been using it for a couple of weeks now and love it. The speeds are great, and I have yet to dl a fake file. I tried out emule but it was way to slow so I started looking for something else and that when I started using Overnet. I read a bunch of the threads in the emule section and decided to give it a try and never looked back.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    just do what i did, when I was asking myselfd the same question. Use overnet and kazaa together....after a while you willnotice that you never use kazaa anymore just because overnet is better. But I admit music is a bit harder to get on overnet. But if you want a lot of music you better switch to soulseek or blubster anyway. especially blubster has amazing speeds for music, easily 150 Kb-s for a music file.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    eMule with Kad is the best.
    But for single mp3's I use Piolet with Kazaa as last resort.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    rrtn's Avatar Poster
    Why does it have to be KaZaA or eMule?
    u should have 1 client for each network, and since kazaa and emule r not the same...USE BOTH!

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Kazaa, cause eMule is really slow and it really pisses me of, you can download a file alot faster on it...

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    emule and then overnet runner up.
    Ive always get faster speeds and always get found sources for the files i want compared to kazaa

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Poster
    I've used all (except soulseek) and I must say that Shareaza can be a replacement for emule, since it supports G1/G2/ED2K/ and BT, and use Mamouth for FT.
    Click the longhorn icon to visit my website.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast