Thread: Desktop Frozen

Poster
    Ok so I dld samurize and i tried out a few things. After the items loaded my desktop froze. When i right click (on the wallpaper) nothing happens. I uninstalled it and rebooted but there's still no response. I can right click fine on the toolbar, start menu, but not the wallpaper. Oh I'm running Win XP.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    When I right click on the toolbar and hit "Show the Desktop" I get this error
    "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." What the hell could be restricted?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    you must have tweaked something or used something to restrict acces
    (you are administrator right?)
    if you have some tweak programs -check them for "restricting"

In tweak manager
    use demo below
    http://www.winguides.com/software/download...&guide=tweakmgr

go down to Security
    -Desktop and explorer - disable abbility to right clik - make sure its unmarked
    while in security section check that nothing else is "disbled/restricted"

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    No that wasn't it. Thanks though. Not long after I posted the "show desktop" error, it stopped doing it. still no right clickability(?). I'll keep fiddling around. Suggestions are welcome

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    log out and at the login screen press alt-ctrl-del twice and then you will be able to type in a username and password, tpye administrator as username and the password is whatever you deignated it to be during windows setup. (if u cant remember it ur screwed and should write down your passwords in the future or use the same one for everything).

once logged in delete your account you were just on and then recreate it after its been fully deleted, preferably with a different name but im not sure if it willl matter.
    Note: backup your favorites list and any files in the my documents, my pictures, my movies and my music folders before deleting!