Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Can The Theories Of...

Originally posted by Busyman@7 March 2004 - 23:37
    Without God I'm pretty sure I would have murdered at least 5 people that I can think of.
    if that were true you would be a psychopath or at the very least a sociopath, but i'm certain it isn't true.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Originally posted by ilw+8 March 2004 - 01:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ilw @ 8 March 2004 - 01:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Busyman@7 March 2004 - 23:37
    Without God I&#39;m pretty sure I would have murdered at least 5 people that I can think of.
    if that were true you would be a psychopath or at the very least a sociopath, but i&#39;m certain it isn&#39;t true. [/b][/quote]
    It didn&#39;t work for Torquemada though.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33

I just like the image...

Interesting idea tho

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by hobbes+7 March 2004 - 20:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 7 March 2004 - 20:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Busyman+8 March 2004 - 01:37--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Busyman &#064; 8 March 2004 - 01:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@6 March 2004 - 15:47
    Without fear, God is irrelevant.
    I agree somewhat.

Without God I&#39;m pretty sure I would have murdered at least 5 people that I can think of. The consequence of going to hell wouldn&#39;t be there. To avoid jail time, just plan it very well.

<!--QuoteBegin-dlingeverything

Evolution and Creation can not be combined.

They both lie in two different realms, the realm of fact and theology.

Evolution is not fact. It&#39;s theory. Very sound theory but nevertheless, not fact. [/b][/quote]
    Hobbes is a little bit scared, Could I be 1 of the 5?

It is amazing that you have faith in a religion which is so much further away from proof than the theory of evolution. It is probably more a function of need than an appreciation of reality. [/b][/quote]
    Obviously not hobbes. Internet folks don&#39;t rile me at all.
    Plus I actually like you even though I don&#39;t really know anyone here. You remind me of some of my college graduate friends that have the appearance of vast book smarts (I can only mark some college on any form). They very good conversationalists.

Regarding the other remark, faith doesn&#39;t have much to do with proof.
    Ironically I&#39;m one of the most logical people I know. Thinking about the afterlife or very well that there even is one requires a "faith" otherwise there is no point in thinking about it at all. This is similar to your "god is a possibility", which really requires no more thought than that until there&#39;s "proof". I just choose to believe the antithesis.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    Originally posted by ilw+7 March 2004 - 21:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ilw @ 7 March 2004 - 21:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Busyman@7 March 2004 - 23:37
    Without God I&#39;m pretty sure I would have murdered at least 5 people that I can think of.
    if that were true you would be a psychopath or at the very least a sociopath, but i&#39;m certain it isn&#39;t true. [/b][/quote]
    If I was either, religion certainly wouldn&#39;t stop me.

There&#39;s something that holds us all back from doing certain things. Many people can say they always would take the moral high ground but those same are full of cow pucky.

For instance,

While playing basketball, I was snuck on the court by two fellas. While turned one hit me in the head and one hit me in the teeth (almost lost a tooth and got minor stitches). I won&#39;t go into everything but I was so hot I did look for them the next day with 9mm in hand. That&#39;s not very psychopathic to me. It&#39;s more retaliatory and that&#39;s it.

Now if I got dunked on in a game and then went and shot the guy, that&#39;s psychopathic.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    Originally posted by Busyman@8 March 2004 - 04:00
    I was so hot I did look for them the next day with 9mm in hand. That&#39;s not very psychopathic to me. It&#39;s more retaliatory and that&#39;s it.

Now if I got dunked on in a game and then went and shot the guy, that&#39;s psychopathic.
    Er, have you thought about anger management classes?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    Originally posted by Busyman+7 March 2004 - 18:37--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Busyman @ 7 March 2004 - 18:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by hobbes@6 March 2004 - 15:47
    I agree somewhat.

Without God I&#39;m pretty sure I would have murdered at least 5 people that I can think of. The consequence of going to hell wouldn&#39;t be there. To avoid jail time, just plan it very well.

Evolution is not fact. It&#39;s theory. Very sound theory but nevertheless, not fact. [/b][/quote]
    my bad, what i meant was that Evolution is based on science, the actual, realistic, concrete and physical

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    Originally posted by Alex H+8 March 2004 - 00:50--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Alex H @ 8 March 2004 - 00:50)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Busyman@8 March 2004 - 04:00
    I was so hot I did look for them the next day with 9mm in hand. That&#39;s not very psychopathic to me. It&#39;s more retaliatory and that&#39;s it.

Er, have you thought about anger management classes? [/b][/quote]
    Like I said the moral high ground.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    Originally posted by dlingeverything+8 March 2004 - 02:02--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dlingeverything @ 8 March 2004 - 02:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Busyman+7 March 2004 - 18:37--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Busyman &#064; 7 March 2004 - 18:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@6 March 2004 - 15:47
    I agree somewhat.

my bad, what i meant was that Evolution is based on science, the actual, realistic, concrete and physical [/b][/quote]
    agreed

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    Poster
    Originally posted by Wizard_Mon1@6 March 2004 - 00:36
    Can The Theories Of..., Evolution and God ever be combined?
    Which God?Or you meant religion?You are probably thinking of Christianism, they have already accepted the theories of evolution. So the answer would be:they are already combined,like rum and coke making an excellent cuba libre :guinesssmile: :guinesssmile: :guinesssmile:

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast