Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wooden Case

ok, as many of you may know, im building a custom case for my computer out of wood. and ive ran into a problem. how am i going to mount the cd-roms to the case, and how will i mount the PSU to the case, i cant figure out anything for it. anyone with a diagram... or something to help?

thanks for your help, and any questions you have please ask!
    Gaint Antispyware is the #1 greatest Spyware/Adware cleaner ever created, I recomend it to everybody, even if you don't think you need it.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    frozencpu.com sells these. maybe u can get some ideas

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Well to mount CDROMs and such, you will need to put the metal brackets into the case, and cut out the front of it, then do it just like a normal case...for the PSU I would figure just screw it in like normal, and give it some support
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Lick My Lovepump
    Getting a normal case then shoving wood around it might be better. Watch your heat though, wood would insulate more than metal.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    no cuz then i cant make it the way i want it. there isnt a single case in the world that offers half the stuff im doing, and heat will be no issue what-so-ever. this thing is gonna have 11 fans altogether. 2 front 92mm, 2 rear 80mm, 2 top 80mm, 1 left side 120mm, 2 right side 80mm, 1 bottom 80mm, 1 bottom 120mm. also theres isnt any case near the size this one is gonna be. this case is gonna be huge.
    height: 19"
    length (front to back): 21"
    width (side to side): 10"

yeah i know, way to big... but im crazy about room, and have some crazy ideas that will help lower the temp to crazy amounts, and it will need quite alot of room.
    Gaint Antispyware is the #1 greatest Spyware/Adware cleaner ever created, I recomend it to everybody, even if you don't think you need it.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    actually...

u could just buy that

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by pc-gamer-dude@5 March 2004 - 20:36
    no cuz then i cant make it the way i want it. there isnt a single case in the world that offers half the stuff im doing, and heat will be no issue what-so-ever. this thing is gonna have 11 fans altogether. 2 front 92mm, 2 rear 80mm, 2 top 80mm, 1 left side 120mm, 2 right side 80mm, 1 bottom 80mm, 1 bottom 120mm. also theres isnt any case near the size this one is gonna be. this case is gonna be huge.
    height: 19"
    length (front to back): 21"
    width (side to side): 10"

yeah i know, way to big... but im crazy about room, and have some crazy ideas that will help lower the temp to crazy amounts, and it will need quite alot of room.
    What is your case going to be sitting on?? If you have fans on the bottom, isn't that pointless, unless there is empty space underneath your case??
    If your case is just sitting on your desk or something, it's a waste of fans
    How are you planning on setting this up?
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Lick My Lovepump
    Put some exhaust fans on the top. Whats the point having them on the bottom, as stated above.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    the case is going to be sitting on 6 1" poles holding it 1" off the floor (its gonna be to big for my desk). and that xiode case is fricken ugly!!! the bottom back fan (the 120mm) is going to be blowing up at my gfx card, and the bottom front fan (80mm) is going to be sucking downwards. my hard drive is going to be mounted in the bottom of the case hooked up to a hard drive heatpipe cooler with about 1/4" space between the hard drive and the case floor (where the 80mm fan is gonna be sucking from), in front of the hard drive is going to be a vantec 92mm stealth case fan pushing just enough air to keep airflow over the hard drive. ill explain some of my other cooling ideas that im putting in this case later.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Gamer,
    You might be able to cobble theseinto suitable bay mounts.
    I don't really understand the problem you are having with the optical drive mounting anyway.
    Seems like there would be almost any number of good ways to do this...

The PSU is an interesting problem.
    One I have struggled with myself.
    Ultimately I decided that the best place for it was in my upper two drive bays.
    This solves several problems in one fell swoop.
    The space above the mobo and HSF is completely open which makes it very easy to move air in and out of the area.
    All the wiring is basically right where it needs to go so there is less need to hide it or otherwise disguise it's inherent ugliness.
    With a roof vent directly above, any heat from the PSU doesn't contaminate the rest of the case.

You can either remove the PSU's plug port and on/off switch and relocate them to the caseback ( with appropriately extended wires back to the circuit board) or leave the case intact and just run a power cord out the back.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast