Thread: Uninstalling

sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    hey,

just one quick question:
    i have a medion pentium 4 pc with windows xp on it. I download too much stuff on my computer ( well dat's wat pc's are for!! hehe ) and now its only 1.2 gb hard disk left. Wat i was wonderin is there a way dat i can delete every thing from my computer, just like the way it came. I m really tired of uninstalling everything.

As far as i know there has to be something, like some sort of software or i don't know watever dat will delete everything from my computer and will make da way i bought the PC.

Any help on dis matter would be great.

Thnx for ur time!!

Take Care

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    TRshady
    You say you bought the pc .. so did it come with a restore cd?
    This would give you the option of restoring the pc to the way it was when leaving the factory and also give you the option to format (wipe the whole hard drive), to clear everything you had on it and start afresh as you want.

Otherwise, you will have to re-install windows xp (which I assume you use), in which case is still fairly simple, and let me know if this is the case, and I'll give you a brief run down to make you more confident in completing the process.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Or back up, format, reinstall Tryshady 's right tho sometimes there's a partion on your hard drive called back up or re install check it out ! its useualy an other partion tho

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    i think it'd be easier for him to use the restore disc, some pc's dont use a restore disc, press F10 as soon as ur pc starts and the partition with the recovery data will open up
    yeah.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Originally posted by bkdvnyc@5 March 2004 - 22:13
    i think it'd be easier for him to use the restore disc, some pc's dont use a restore disc, press F10 as soon as ur pc starts and the partition with the recovery data will open up
    ah good one

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    thnx guys for da quick response. It really made sense for me.
    I will erase my hard disk and will let u know if i will need any further help!!

Take Care

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."