Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Non Completing Files

Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    i have had this a few times, that a files would sit for ages, and sources come and go without actuallyd ownloading anythign from them. i had a file with 1.55mb left, and was left all day and it hadnt downloaded anythign, and so i restarted emule and within 10mins the file had completed.

anyone else had anything starnge like this.

ive running the testclient .41b29 or something like that, on winxp sp1.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    oh well take it no-one else has had anything liek this then?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    powerstick's Avatar Poster
    Ive had it happen in Overnet. I don't know what the deal is with it. I just wound up deleting the file.
    Make your files the smallest possible to share. If you don't you how I recomend DR. DivX. It will do it for you. We don't want to have to dl that 2.5 gig sh*t for a movie or 2 SVCD's. SMALLEST FORMAT ALWAYS!!!!!!

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by Livy@21 February 2004 - 19:00
    i have had this a few times, that a files would sit for ages, and sources come and go without actuallyd ownloading anythign from them. i had a file with 1.55mb left, and was left all day and it hadnt downloaded anythign, and so i restarted emule and within 10mins the file had completed.

That's the thing about Overnet, one of its best features, is also one if its worse.

Since you d/l just tiny parts at a time, others have access to the parts you d/l, making the entire system much faster, BUT, if the original uploader only upped 99.9% of the program, you will never get it - as the rest of the parts you need are not seeded to the system.

I would like to see a feature like eMule has, in that you can d'l the LAST part of the seed first, so if it dosen't exist, you are not tying up Overnet resources with a usless seed.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    BANNED
    Originally posted by kazaalite4ever+2 March 2004 - 13:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kazaalite4ever @ 2 March 2004 - 13:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Livy@21 February 2004 - 19:00
    i have had this a few times, that a files would sit for ages, and sources come and go without actuallyd ownloading anythign from them. i had a file with 1.55mb left, and was left all day and it hadnt downloaded anythign, and so i restarted emule and within 10mins the file had completed.&nbsp;

That&#39;s the thing about Overnet, one of its best features, is also one if its worse.

Since you d/l just tiny parts at a time, others have access to the parts you d/l, making the entire system much faster, BUT, if the original uploader only upped 99.9% of the program, you will never get it - as the rest of the parts you need are not seeded to the system.

I would like to see a feature like eMule has, in that you can d&#39;l the LAST part of the seed first, so if it dosen&#39;t exist, you are not tying up Overnet resources with a usless seed. [/b][/quote]
    with overnet i have never had or seen this problem, when you start a file if the bar is not all blue then you don&#39;t have the whole file and you don&#39;t download it. now out of 1000+ files i have downlaoded of overnet i have never had an all blue bar that i could not finish

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@2 March 2004 - 09:10
    with overnet i have never had or seen this problem, when you start a file if the bar is not all blue then you don&#39;t have the whole file and you don&#39;t download it. now out of 1000+ files i have downlaoded of overnet i have never had an all blue bar that i could not finish
    I have, on large files.

When I start the D/L, I see a dark blue bar all away across, but before it finishes, the bar turns to red on the last parts (users that have the rest of my file on now off-line).

It usually goes like this: 136 KB/s for 90% of the D/L, then it drops, then the last part of the blue turns red.

THEN I an SOL, as the missing parts never seem to appear again.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    BANNED
    Originally posted by kazaalite4ever+3 March 2004 - 04:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kazaalite4ever @ 3 March 2004 - 04:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MUSLEMAN@2 March 2004 - 09:10
    I have, on large files.

When I start the D/L, I see a dark blue bar all away across, but before it finishes, the bar turns to red on the last parts (users that have the rest of my file on now off-line).

It usually goes like this: 136 KB/s for 90% of the D/L, then it drops, then the last part of the blue turns red.

THEN I an SOL, as the missing parts never seem to appear again. [/b][/quote]
    roflmao, give me a break man of all these years i have not seen this once. what happened was you thought it was all blue and it was not, that very last part was so small you did not noticed it.

i bet you wount find any body else who saw what you are saying while overnet was on, lol that would mean that like 50 people have to go off line at the same time

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    i think your kinda decrbing something different, what i mean is there is loads of souces qued up properly, but when it comes time to download of them it just doesnt happen, but if i restart emule, gets done in no time. weird.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    BANNED
    you know what this is complete guess here, but you connection on that port might be cloged up or something like that

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@6 March 2004 - 02:30
    you know what this is complete guess here, but you connection on that port might be cloged up or something like that
    maybe, the only thing the computer is doing at that time is running emule, and there is only one downlaod going. as the rest usuallyc omplete fine at the time, or it happens after others finish, or its the only one downloading.

and it uploading too, with 4k upload bandwidth reserved.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast