Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting A New Case

Poster
    I am wanting to get this case and this window for the case. And to move everything to my new case I assumed all i did was move the hardware from the current case into the new case. Then i thought to myself where is some of the stuff going to go. I bought a Sony PCV-RX201 PC about 2 years ago and it came with stuff like memory stick connection (as shown below) and i.LINK connection (dont even know what that is). Here are some images of my current case and 2 b honest i dont even know how i will be able to get the CD-rom drive out. Also if i do get the new case would I need to get brackets for the drives or get some fans for cooling?

This is my current case from the front. To the right of the floppy drive is the memory stick drive. I dont know where i could put it in a new case.

Image Resized
    [img]http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/DSC00698.JPG' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>
    This is the memory stick from the inside of my case. Thats as much of it as i can see.

Image Resized
    [img]http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/DSC00700.JPG' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>
    That is the side of my case (ugly looking thing dont u think)

Image Resized
    [img]http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/DSC00694.JPG' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>
    I guess i just unscrew them and pull my CD drive out?

Image Resized
    [img]http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/DSC00703.JPG' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>
    Now can you see why i want a new case

Any help on where i would put the parts in the new case or how i am ment to take these parts out would be great help. Thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Yeah, I would just unscrew it all and take it out. I gotta hand it to sony for having the coolest pre built pc cases though! Just take the Floppy and plug it in like normal, but stick the other wire on top of the floppy so it dont get in the way. Other then that everything should work fine, as long as it IS an ATX case.
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Isn't that floppy drive and mem stick reader all one unit? If it is just stick it in a 5.25 drive bay in your new tomer.
    Gigabyte GA7-VT600 P-L
    Athlon XP2500+ @ 3200+
    512mb OCZ DDR333 (2,3,3,7)
    Samsung SP8004h 80gig harddrive
    Radeon 9200 128 mb
    LG cdrw/dvd drive

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Ya, but I think hes saying that the memory reader needs another plug on the motherboard...just plug it in...just slide it in where it fits 3.25 or 5.25
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    from what I know the memory stick is on a PCB but i'm not sure how it is held in the case. I might have a play about with the case tonight and see what i can find out

and for cooling will it be fine with what I have in my PC now?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Ok, my dad says he will get me the case meaning it will be here in about a week or earlier. Any advice you can give me for when i get it?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Marius24@6 March 2004 - 17:34
    Ok, my dad says he will get me the case meaning it will be here in about a week or earlier. Any advice you can give me for when i get it?
    if i was you i would try taking the computer apart and try to get all of the parts out of it to see if they were standard shape\size. The power supply might be an odd shape or the screws could be in the wrong place. The cd-rom drives might not have front face plates on them so when you pull the drive out it might not be the drive you can see on the front of the computer. Same with the floppy drive; the floppy and card reader might not be one unit the floppy drive might slide out of the rest. Your motherboard might be a non-standard size and the screw holes might not line up.

It would be good if u took the parts out and made sure they are all standard before buying the new case.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    how do I know if it is non standard size or not?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Marius24@6 March 2004 - 20:10
    how do I know if it is non standard size or not?
    good question well you can look at the optical drives and the foppy drive at least(when you pull them out see if the front is attached to the drive or if it stays attached to the case). and make sure the wire hooking up the power supply to the motherboard is a long rectangle with 20 wires.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@6 March 2004 - 17:14
    and make sure the wire hooking up the power supply to the motherboard is a long rectangle with 20 wires.
    This won't matter if he uses the stock PSU and mobo.

And, not to put too fine a point on it, it's actually a 20 pin connector with 21 wires.
    Feeling pedantic this evening am I.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast