Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Windows 98

shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by Izagaia+9 March 2004 - 19:51--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Izagaia @ 9 March 2004 - 19:51)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-shn@9 March 2004 - 18:40
    Your forgetting that not everyone uses the equipment that sbc gives their customers.&nbsp; The first one I got from them was not even a "modem".

It was a router/cable/dsl/wireless access point/modem all integrated in one.

I now use a cisco router that I got from cisco netcad academy when I was enrolled in my ccna classes.&nbsp; Although the first one I got from sbc worked fine because I had already had experience with the equipment they give out since I previoulsy had it with Roadrunner.

Also, I am on a dedicated line.&nbsp; This is a business account, and if you have sbc you can get the same all you have to do is tell them you need one, but it will cost you more.&nbsp;
    Not only did I forget that not everyone actually uses the equipment that their providers dish-out to them, but I also had forgotten (briefly) why it is that you, madam, are the "digital goddess" and there are some of us lower, joe-sausage heads, who shouldn&#39;t even try to throw "techie kinda things" your way without having the insight of totally knowing what it is he/she (or myself) is talking about.

Because admittingly, the rest of what you are saying, I have to humbly state with regret, that I have not, non-ya, nodda, no freak&#39;n clue- no way no how of what access points or cisco routers or netcad ccna classes are.

But I do know what "Roadrunner" is. :jester:

Izzy got served. So if anyone won&#39;t be needing anymore comedy relief, I am going to go crawl back under my rock. [/b][/quote]
    Dont be silly, you know I&#39;ve always fancied you.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    I only reboot XP if I want to play a game with high requirements, and I defrag once or twice a month. So what&#39;s the big deal?

BTW, how many games could I play under Linux? How about the Desktop Publishing my wife does on our PC? Is Linux good for that?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by Nightwolf@9 March 2004 - 21:25
    I only reboot XP if I want to play a game with high requirements, and I defrag once or twice a month.&nbsp; So what&#39;s the big deal?

BTW, how many games could I play under Linux?&nbsp; How about the Desktop Publishing my wife does on our PC?&nbsp; Is Linux good for that?
    Sorry for hijacking this thread

It is so off topic I forget what it was originally about.

Anyway, if you have Linux questions then go to Linux section bud

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    Originally posted by LSA@9 March 2004 - 21:10
    An access point it a router/hub like device that sends (don&#39;t know if that is the best word for it ) into the air so wireless cards can pick them up and send info to other wireless cards.

A cisco router is a router made by cisco

netcad classes is a class about networking, I am going to take it next year at my school

ccna stands for Cisco Certified Network Associate, it is an IT certification offered by Cisco

Hope that helps you
    I see now.

You know,.. once I had tried a home course for the A+ certification. One of the first things I had noticed about the IT sector, in general, is that there is an acronym for damn near everything.

Thank-you for the insight.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    Originally posted by shn@9 March 2004 - 21:22
    Dont be silly, you know I&#39;ve always fancied you.
    :">

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234