Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Change Xp Boot Screen

nizers's Avatar Poster
    yes you can change the 98 boot screen.. it's actually easier then in XP (unless you have bootxp) all you have to do is unzip the boot screen that you want and take that ntoskrnl.exe and use it to replace your old one. I think it's in your C:/windows folder but can't remember.. just do a search for it.

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    nizers's Avatar Poster
    Razz... if i were you i'd try asking a friend for a copy of theirs. That should work... if you have a friend with the OS boot screen your looking for.

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    Originally posted by CognitiveOverload
    My problem is the opposite! XP Pro had cool boot choices with icons, but when I tweked my network settings - I have a boring drop down for users, I tried bootXP and a few others but this must be a setting that I changed and cannot remember.
    You can change this in Settings > Control Panel > User Accounts > Pick A Task: Change The Way Users Log On And Off
    You'll want to check "Use the Welcome Screen"

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    Originally posted by MERLIN@6 April 2003 - 16:21
    Can you change the 98 boot screen?
    yeah, all you have to do is create an image, not sure bout colour depth etc. its called logo.sys
    there are also another to, logos.sys and the other i cant remember, they are the boot, the shutting down screen, and the "it is now safe to turn your computer off" screen

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123