Thread: How To Chage File Extension

Rizindon's Avatar Poster
    how do i change an extemsion of a file i chaged the name of it to .avi but still no good is that how ud o it or wat

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Go to the folder the file is in, go to tools>folder options. Uncheck the "hide extensions for known filetypes" and then change the extension to .avi...
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Was it like Movie then you made it Movie.avi OR Movie.xxx then you made it Movie.avi ?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Out of The Ordinary
    Start - Settings - Control Panels - Folder Options

Select the View tab
    UNcheck "hide file extensions for known file types"
    Click OK to finish

BOT

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Rizindon's Avatar Poster
    It is a indian film called K3G.ogm i cant use graph edit so i though ill change the file extension to avi so i can split it to fit on two 700mb cds because its 1.3 gig if you have any advice plz tell

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by Rizindon@6 March 2004 - 17:15
    It is a indian film called K3G.ogm i cant use graph edit so i though ill change the file extension to avi so i can split it to fit on two 700mb cds because its 1.3 gig if you have any advice plz tell
    It's not an avi file, it's an Ogg Media (video) file. You'll have to use a normal file splitter to split it (not an avi splitter). Try HJsplit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Rizindon's Avatar Poster
    i have split the file using hjsplit first it played in winamp and videolan etc but now they the 2 parts of it dont wat shal i do

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by Rizindon@6 March 2004 - 17:49
    i have split the file using hjsplit first it played in winamp and videolan etc but now they the 2 parts of it dont wat shal i do
    Burn the two halfs onto 700MB CDs. Then when you get to the computer you want to play the film on, copy the 700MB parts onto the target machine, use HJsplit again to join the two halfs back up.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Rizindon's Avatar Poster
    i got another problem no i split the file in teo pieces the first peice works fine in videolan and bs player but the second it5 wont work works in nbothing plz help

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by Rizindon@6 March 2004 - 20:27
    i got another problem no i split the file in teo pieces the first peice works fine in videolan and bs player but the second it5 wont work works in nbothing plz help
    The second part won't play until you join it back up with the first part on the target machine

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.