Originally posted by internet.weather+7 March 2004 - 17:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (internet.weather @ 7 March 2004 - 17:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by lynx@7 March 2004 - 18:39
<!--QuoteBegin-internet.weather
@7 March 2004 - 17:21
It is well known that Schumacher gets the better treatment and rightly so, he is the number 1 driver and get treated as such. He is a better driver than Barrichello, but so are several other people. That&#39;s just my point. Would you say that Barrichelo is the second best F1 driver just now, because I wouldn&#39;t. The car is that good that he runs second to Schumacher, ahead of people who I think are better drivers than him.

So Schuey gets better treatment, but Barrichello isn&#39;t the second best F1 driver? Even though he was pushing Schuey until he developed a brake problem?

You may be right about not being second best driver, but your reasons for stating it are a little flawed. With poor brakes, to finish only 21 seconds ahead of Alonso and 47 seconds ahead of Ralf Schumacher obviously the guy must be some sort of dummy.
You say he was pushing him. Do you think that if both cars were working well and well clear of the crowd, he would pass him, because I don&#39;t. In fact he would slow down to let him pass, even though there are no team orders as we all know.

The Ferrari F1 is designed to make Schumacher the world champion. I have no problem with that, it&#39;s what they are there for. However I really do not believe that Barichello is the 2nd best F1 driver in the world. I believe it is the car which keeps him there. [/b][/quote]
Did you listen to Schumacher&#39;s comments during the post race interview? He was the one who said he was being pushed until Barrichello had a problem.

The Ferrari F1 car is designed to make whoever is driving it the world champion. At the moment that happens to be Schumacher and Barrichello. I&#39;m quite sure Ferrari would have no objection to Barrichello becoming world champion, but Schumacher IS the team&#39;s No 1 driver so he gets all the best bits. This at times makes Barrichello look not quite as good as he actually is.