Thread: Vcr To Computer

Hey,
    Is it possibly to hook up my VCR to my comp so i can record some tapes on my comp?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    you need a tv card
    Robert00000

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    i think you will need a video capture card

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/in...mVzdWx0cw%3D%3D
    There are 10 types of people in the world those who understand binary and those who dont

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    The best job for this has always been Dazzle DVC. It connects via USB 2 and has Composite and RCA inputs. Bare in mind you'll need a Nicam VCR and quality will be lost.

If I were you, I'd get a set-top DVD recorder and just connect my VCR to the DVD Recorder and copy your VHS tapes to DVD+/-R/RW/RAM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    The cheapest option is to use a tv card. i have pinnacle pctv rave and it does the job perfectly well.

You can also watch tv on your pc and record programmes in dvd quality (depending on your system specs)
    Robert00000

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    i have a tv card (winfast pvr) how would i go about hooking it up?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by shoutman@7 March 2004 - 18:24
    i have a tv card (winfast pvr) how would i go about hooking it up?
    on the back of the vcr there will most likely either 6 rca plugs or 4 rca plugs. 4 means you have mono sound. (see pic below)

If you have 6:
    there will be two rca plugs, one will be video in the other video out. You will need an rca cable to plug the vcr into your tv tuner card through the video out.

there will either be 2 red and 2 white rca plugs. one white is for left sound in, one for left sound out. 2 reds will be right sound in, other will be right sound out. you will need an RCA to 3.5mm jack convertor (see picture below) to get sound from your movies. you plug the convertor into your PCs line-in on the soundcard.

If you have 4:
    there will be two rca plugs, one will be video in the other video out. You will need an rca cable to plug the vcr into your tv tuner card through the video out.

There will be two white rca plugs. one white is for left sound in, one for left sound out. you will need an RCA to 3.5mm jack convertor (see picture below) to get sound from your movies. you plug the convertor into your PCs line-in on the soundcard.

Pictures:

this is the rca-to-3.5mm jack adaptor.

this is a picture of a stereo sound vcr (6 rca plugs will be on back. (mono sound will just have the white and yellow)

I hope this guide helps and i didnt waste my time writing it

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    hey thanks man, appreciated.