Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help A New B Speed It Up

Just got resurection and still have a top dl speed of 3kb/s with a fast 2 meg
    cable connection

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Originally posted by granthatchett@7 March 2004 - 09:12
    cable connection 
    Kazaa is a dieing network, go for Overnetlite https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=91053
    http://ultimate.250free.com/overnetlite052.exe
    it's far better...

And if you use overnet with verified hashes from the many listed at
    https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=86867 you get great speeds...

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Old Fella
    Check all your settings and may sure you have everything maximised for best downloads, but remember that you still only download from people as fast as they can upload to you.

Try other p2p programs as well, like Overnet as JK suggested, bit torrent, etc.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    BANNED
    Originally posted by granthatchett@7 March 2004 - 05:12
    cable connection
    your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed, anddon't be fooled by whatyou see in the search window they are not an indication of who is available for connection so change supernodes to see if you get lucky, also use localized supernodes, also try changing ports, and lower your upload bandwidth,remove the no ip sources from your dat files and see if it helps

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    preesh yer help, but can i get a little more. What should i change my port to?
    How do i use a localized supernode? and how do i remove the no ip sources from my dat files? Im guessing that these are all done from the options menu. but not sure.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by granthatchett@7 March 2004 - 17:34
    preesh yer help, but can i get a little more. What should i change my port to?
    How do i use a localized supernode? and how do i remove the no ip sources from my dat files? Im guessing that these are all done from the options menu. but not sure.
    To use a localised supernode, you do that in kazupernodes and press the localise button. To delete the no-ip sources from your dat files, you do that in K-Dat.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    thank you very much, and what should my port be?

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    BANNED
    Originally posted by granthatchett@7 March 2004 - 15:01
    thank you very much, and what should my port be?
    don't change your port only as last resort

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    :helpsmile: Ive tried all this and still cant get a popular file or files to dl with a speed of better than 3kb/s. trying to dl one very abundant file will produce a top speed of 2.75 at best. Thats with lots of sources, and more sources being searched for constantly.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    BANNED
    Originally posted by granthatchett@7 March 2004 - 16:04
    :helpsmile: Ive tried all this and still cant get a popular file or files to dl with a speed of better than 3kb/s. trying to dl one very abundant file will produce a top speed of 2.75 at best. Thats with lots of sources, and more sources being searched for constantly.
    how do you know how many connectable sources it has??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast