Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Has The Greatest Avatar Of Them All.

Poster
    Summary: Ahh, CLAMP. They can take any genre and make it interesting. The story of Chobits is set a bit in the future (but not TOO far) where the invention of Persocons (computers that look like people) have altered the standard of living. One day Hideki(18), a poor college student, finds a "broken" female-looking Persocon in the trash. The only word she can say is "Chii," so Hideki names her that.

Hilarity and misadventures abound as Hideki comes to realize that his Persocon may be very special indeed - she may be the legendary "Chobits," a super computer. Chii, however, is content just to learn about humans and try to make Hideki happy, though she is very naive of human nature.

It's a very funny, very ecchi  tale that I have enjoyed very much so far. I'd recommend it for slightly older readers of age 18 and up since there is some nudity and swearing. It's definitely one of my favorite CLAMP manga and I believe both men and women would enjoy it equally (it originally appeared in a young men's magazine) - especially considering the surprise ending (no cliche there&#33. The manga has been published in English by TokyoPop and the anime is being released on DVD by Pioneer (more info below the wallpaper links).

2. Lounge   -   #32
    WOX's Avatar L.A VAMPIRE HERO
    wtf? ok i will explained this thing chii isn't a child chii she looks older btw she isn't human after all.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Poster
    Originally posted by WOX@7 March 2004 - 19:45
    wtf? ok i will explained this thing chii isn't a child chii she looks older btw she isn't human after all.
    That's the best thing to do...get your story straight now before the police get involved.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Originally posted by seiya_33@7 March 2004 - 19:44
    Summary: Ahh, CLAMP. They can take any genre and make it interesting. The story of Chobits is set a bit in the future (but not TOO far) where the invention of Persocons (computers that look like people) have altered the standard of living. One day Hideki(18), a poor college student, finds a "broken" female-looking Persocon in the trash. The only word she can say is "Chii," so Hideki names her that.

Hilarity and misadventures abound as Hideki comes to realize that his Persocon may be very special indeed - she may be the legendary "Chobits," a super computer. Chii, however, is content just to learn about humans and try to make Hideki happy, though she is very naive of human nature.

It's a very funny, very ecchi tale that I have enjoyed very much so far. I'd recommend it for slightly older readers of age 18 and up since there is some nudity and swearing. It's definitely one of my favorite CLAMP manga and I believe both men and women would enjoy it equally (it originally appeared in a young men's magazine) - especially considering the surprise ending (no cliche there&#33. The manga has been published in English by TokyoPop and the anime is being released on DVD by Pioneer (more info below the wallpaper links).
    thx for explaining this man i hope they understand it.
    now returning to the greatest avatar of all i think i have win.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Poster
    Originally posted by seiya_33@7 March 2004 - 18:37
    I think it's absolutely disgusting that you see it fit to watch animation containing shots like this one. The girl is supposed to be what? 13, 14? Fucking sick
    i said i would stop but i cant , first im guessing you know nothing about this anime , and what are you saying , that asians are sick , do your homework , when you know the facts come back and post something that you can back up.
    Anime contains some nudity right? (not as much as hentai (which is even more disgraceful)). The characters in anime are usually based on young adults (less than 16...?) So, you see nothing wrong with the portrayal of sub-16 year old naked cartoon characters?

If you don't then you're the sicko
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Poster
    Interesting

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Poster
    Anime contains some nudity right? (not as much as hentai (which is even more disgraceful)). The characters in anime are usually based on young adults (less than 16...?) So, you see nothing wrong with the portrayal of sub-16 year old naked cartoon characters?

If you don't then you're the sicko
    well i dont watch hentai , and in this anime the girl is not portrayed as a kid , in fact most if not all the characters are in college and over age .

8. Lounge   -   #38

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Poster
    Originally posted by seiya_33@7 March 2004 - 18:55
    well i dont watch hentai , and in this anime the girl is not portrayed as a kid , in fact most if not all the characters are in college and over age .
    Over age for what?
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Poster
    anything with its own teeth is too young for me

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast