Thread: Overnet (lite) Question

Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    ok, ive heard alot about overnet (lite), but i can find anything usefull about it (sry, but for some reason i cant reach the kltools site)

so i got some questions:

1)can anyone tell me exactly what it is?

2)whats the diff between emule(plus) and overnet?

3)does overnet use the ed2k network, and if so, would there be any reason for me to keep emule (facts plz, not opinions)

4)is the diff between overnet and the lite version the same as with kazaa??

everyone thnx in advance.......
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    BANNED
    you have to register boss

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Originally posted by Storm@7 March 2004 - 20:23
    ok, ive heard alot about overnet (lite), but i can find anything usefull about it (sry, but for some reason i cant reach the kltools site)

so i got some questions:

1)can anyone tell me exactly what it is?

2)whats the diff between emule(plus) and overnet?

3)does overnet use the ed2k network, and if so, would there be any reason for me to keep emule (facts plz, not opinions)

4)is the diff between overnet and the lite version the same as with kazaa??

everyone thnx in advance.......
    1) decentralised edonkey client, doesnt require the servers like emule or edonkey.

2) read 1, it also has system called the horde http://www.overnet.com/documentation/horde.html similar to bittorent which partners you with others downloading the same file making downloads far quicker emule does not support this..

3)yes and there have been reports that if you use the hybrid edonkey client which connects to servers and the decentralised system you can get better speeds, there is an edonkeylite somewhere around here...

4) Not really, there is only two diffrences in lite, lite has a loader which makes it a pro version which removes the banner ads and the spywear which is optional in the regular version is completly removed...