hey guys, my grandma had an electrician at her house trying to fix the power for her stove and left behind a power checking thingy. we tried calling him but he never came back to get it so today she gave it to me. ive been playing around with it just checking voltages of stuff on my computer but i want to know more about this thing.
1. What is the real name for these power checkers?
2. What else can i use it for?
3. Where can i find a manual for it? it is an Escort EDM168A.
4. What are these things worth? i am assuming they are a lot.
5. Can somebody tell me what all of the different settings on the dial are for?the dial spins both ways and it has about 25 different positions.
5. there are 4 jacks at the bottom of the checker that i can plug in the red and black wires too. they are labelled:
d. V-[ohm sign]-Hz
What are each of these for?
im currently using it in DC mode, the dial is set to 20 in the V (volt) section, and the wires are plugged into c and d.
it seems to work like this for DC voltages but im afraid to use it for AC
6. How do i set it up for use on AC ???
thanks a lot guys if someone can answer these questions (especially the manual one) it would be greatly appreciated thanks!