Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't Overclock

I went to the bios setting and this is what I see
    Image Resized
    [img]http://www.uploadit.org/sfarieq/Resize-of-IMGP2479.JPG' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>
    I'm not able to change the FSB/Multiplier Is it locked or something ??

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    lol what does that have to overclocking , go read the forums on overclocking plz

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by nukem@8 March 2004 - 08:34
    Image Resized
    Image Resized
    [img]http://www.uploadit.org/sfarieq/Resize-of-IMGP2479.JPG' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>
    ur in the wrong section bub. check the advanced bios section

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by nukem@8 March 2004 - 08:34
    Image Resized
    Image Resized
    that page of the bios tells you what cpu you have, the next page is probably advanced chipset features and that will have the overclocking stuff.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I tried everywhere on the bios, wasn't able to find anything that will allow me to o/c

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    lynx's Avatar .
    You need to tell us what mobo you've got. They don't all allow overclocking. And you can't change the multiplier on P4's anyway, only the FSB.

You may be able to get some software that allows you to overclock once you've launched windows. One of these is cpufsb9 but I can't guarantee it will work with your mobo.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    this dont have to do with overclocking, but you might want to go buy some faster ram. ur running 166mhz ram on a 200mhz fsb system. you want to be running your FSB at the same speed as your memory speed. this is more true for amd systems then pentium systems, but you still want to try to if possible. and yeah post your motherboard so we know if its even possible to change the fsb of ur system.
    Gaint Antispyware is the #1 greatest Spyware/Adware cleaner ever created, I recomend it to everybody, even if you don't think you need it.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by pc-gamer-dude@8 March 2004 - 15:55
    this dont have to do with overclocking, but you might want to go buy some faster ram. ur running 166mhz ram on a 200mhz fsb system. you want to be running your FSB at the same speed as your memory speed. this is more true for amd systems then pentium systems, but you still want to try to if possible. and yeah post your motherboard so we know if its even possible to change the fsb of ur system.
    And whether is supports DDR400 ram.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    It's a MSI 6747. And I have a 2x128MB DDR SDRAM PC2700 (166mhz)

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    on my mobo (its a bit older) it gives a CPU/AGP/PCI ratio:
    • 100/66/33
    • 102/68/34
    • 105/70/35
    • etc... up to 120/80/40 (which limits me to a 2880 clock)

in my case, the first # is really the one u care about

i know that in the newer models, you can enter an FSB from the minimum allowed by the chip, up to the next fsb level -1

it shouldnt be hard to find. u just didnt really know what ur looking for

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast