Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Cd Audio Ripping Software?

I Know, I did look at the pinned threads, and went to download exact audio copy, but either they have changed domains or are defunct, 'cause the site is showing as an enregistrered domain.

So, does anyone know of a decent (my ears aren't that sensitive) audio ripping app(probably *.mp3 'cause i'm a bit wary of the *.wma format, even though I have heard tracks that sounded great)?

2. Music   -   #2
    CDex.
    Free,very userfriendly,rips to different formats...

3. Music   -   #3
    If you can't get ahold of EAC there's always Audiograbber and dBpowerAMP. Oh and if you are determined to use EAC... which you should be ... you can find it here.
    <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>I eat quarters.
    My Hero</span>

4. Music   -   #4
    Originally posted by Engvalt@8 March 2004 - 17:56
    If you can&#39;t get ahold of EAC there&#39;s always Audiograbber and dBpowerAMP. Oh and if you are determined to use EAC... which you should be ... you can find it here.
    Yup, I use dBpowerAMP, and it&#39;s awesome
    I recommend it highly
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

5. Music   -   #5
    Originally posted by Engvalt@8 March 2004 - 21:56
    If you can&#39;t get ahold of EAC there&#39;s always Audiograbber and dBpowerAMP. Oh and if you are determined to use EAC... which you should be ... you can find it here.
    Unfortunately the link for EAC is dead, because it links to the Dead domain.

Well, I have Winamp Pro 5.2, which i&#39;ve just noticed can rip audio CDs, has anyone else tried it and compared the features and sound quality to others?

Any got instructions on how to use LAME? Is it all done through command lines?
    Had to change all the files, because most of the Readmes didn&#39;t have file extensions - unless that was the MAC version? and none of them actually tell you how to install or use it, is the GUI an HTML file?

6. Music   -   #6
    Originally posted by wipe709@8 March 2004 - 19:34
    Unfortunately the link for EAC is dead, because it links to the Dead domain.
    Oh wow... man... I thought I found a working link... oh well... you still have two great alternatives I listed above... and as for using Winamp to rip... I&#39;ve never tried it... but let me tell you something... there must be a reason the "pros" don&#39;t use it...
    <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>I eat quarters.
    My Hero</span>

7. Music   -   #7
    summerlinda's Avatar Pyretta¤Blaze
    I think its still here
    If not try finding it on e.g SoulSeek

Or else go with AudioGrabber

8. Music   -   #8
    Got EAC, but it&#39;s not detecting the CD in the drive(it&#39;s not the CD), so I plumped for Audiograbber(Now it&#39;s Freeware) and stuck the Lame DLL in the Directory folder.
    I suppose it&#39;s the encoder that&#39;s the important thing after all.
    Thanks all for your help&#33;

9. Music   -   #9
    masta.z's Avatar Canadian Scot
    Originally posted by wipe709@9 March 2004 - 04:16
    Got EAC, but it&#39;s not detecting the CD in the drive(it&#39;s not the CD), so I plumped for Audiograbber(Now it&#39;s Freeware) and stuck the Lame DLL in the Directory folder.
    I suppose it&#39;s the encoder that&#39;s the important thing after all.
    Thanks all for your help&#33;
    shit in... shit out... if you have a shitty ripper to create the wave having an excellent encoder does you no good

I&#39;m gonna buy a gun and start a war // if you can tell me something worth fighting for

10. Music   -   #10
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    I like dBpoweramp alot.

For my specs are encoding a CD in about 6 mins good speeds?
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast