Thread: Kazaa Lite ++ 2.4.3 Won't Connect Help!

matt12
    I am a newbie so forgive me if this is dumb, overworked, etc. I recently downloaded Kazaa Lite ++ 2.4.3 but I cannot get it to connect. At least I think that is what is going on. My Search and Traffic icons are grey and unresponsive. I have read this forum regarding v2.4.2 and tried the fixes suggested. My kaZuperNodes on the right hand side shows 0.0.0.0:3959 and refuses to change no matter what I try. I have looked up my IP address, and inserted it into these blanks to no avail. I am on WindowsXP with a cable modem. Can someone help me get this to work? Thanks in advance.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Old Fella
    Could be a number of things. Manually enering your IP address in, including the port number, can help. If you are running XP you may need to make sure firewall is turned off, and if you have another firewall running make sure it is set to allow KL to connect. Also, try running a different version - have a look around the forum for suggestions on what may work best. Personally, I'm running KLR 2.4.9 and it works pretty well.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    BANNED
    tell us where are you?? (shcool home etc) and how do you connect to the net??(router, network,etc.)

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    BKC501
    I'm having a similar problem and I have a linksys router, and running KL K++ 2.4.3, do i need to forward my Ip or somehting, if so how?

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    BANNED
    Originally posted by BKC501@9 March 2004 - 21:08
    I'm having a similar problem and I have a linksys router, and running KL K++ 2.4.3, do i need to forward my Ip or somehting, if so how?
    yes you do, go to klite>options>klite options>firewall>here you will find the port klite uses, now take that port, call your linksys router tech support and ask them to forward that port.

then get kanat .

you also might want to get the new version which is klr2.5.0

for updates and more info go here and have a look

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    my way is just restarting kazaa 2/3 times, it also works.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    BANNED
    Originally posted by BKC501@9 March 2004 - 21:08
    yes you need to forward your port and then get kanat

you also need to upgrade your klite, and that you can do here

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by matt12@8 March 2004 - 22:03
    I am on WindowsXP with a cable modem.
    Have you disabled Win XP's firewall or at least modified its setup so it will ALLOW KL++ to connect to the internet?