Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Synamtec Hunting Down Users Of Cracked Software

Thi is the only post I can find about this at the moment on net:

http://www.user-group.karoo.net/

We here in Hull are kinda stuffed if we lose our accounts as the company that runs internet services in Hull has the monopoly and so a withdrawel of account means no net access.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Double Agent
    i'll be god damned

how are they id'ing the cracked users?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Joakim Agren's Avatar Superman loves P2P
    Hello!

This is scary news! We need to now more about this!

But I seriously doubt that it can be done! How do they identify the cracked ones?

One method would be for them to make users update their Software to a new version of AutoProtect. I have actually a few weeks ago been prompted by mine NAV2004 to updade the Subscriptions services(I do not mean the actuall subscription of virus definitions I mean program components related to Autoprotect and the Automatic LiveUpdate function). I refused but so far my copy still work and hopefully it will continue to do so.

Have you guys also experienced this prompt a few weeks ago?

Did you Update your copy of NAV 2004 Professional?

Did something happen to it?

But this is a bit Scary!

Hopefully it is just scare tactics. But In worst case scenario they force people to update with some spy function built in.

Sincerely Joakim Agren!

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    I am playing safe, just sent for an OEM 2004 version (cost £18.36p), I do have a cracked one ready to install, but too risky as I do cannot afford to lose my net access as I will be unable to get an another ISP where I live.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    norton one of the worst anyway

avg, avast, panda are good av's to have

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    It's OK, I paid for mine as well (like gecko, but the 2003 Norton Internet Security). It's the only piece of software on my pc that I have actually paid for!

I just never thought it would be a good idea to mess with a company that produces firewalls!

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Norton sucks anyway

download mcafee

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Retired
    I always update it manually so I go to their website and download the update -> install it

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by {I}{K}{E}@11 March 2004 - 09:54
    I always update it manually so I go to their website and download the update -> install it
    ever thought what's in the update?

dont let that fool u

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Retired
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez+11 March 2004 - 20:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (james_bond_rulez @ 11 March 2004 - 20:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-{I}{K}{E}@11 March 2004 - 09:54
    ever thought what&#39;s in the update?

dont let that fool u [/b][/quote]
    well I never see my norton corp connecting to the internet...

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast