Thread: Private Sharing Of Files?

Hi.Is there anyway to see who all are sharing there files privately.I mean using there ftp server or using other means like yahoo messenger? Thanks.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    i sit at my pc confused by this question , hmmm, lol i have no clue what u are asking, maybe its cause im pissed or maybe cause i real need a life lol,

but plz what is it your real want :helpsmile: :eek: :gunsmile: oops:

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by delphin460@11 March 2004 - 08:14
    i sit at my pc confused by this question , hmmm, lol i have no clue what u are asking, maybe its cause im pissed or maybe cause i real need a life lol,

but plz what is it your real want :helpsmile: :eek: :gunsmile: oops:
    ...Your not the only one...

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by delphin460@11 March 2004 - 05:14

but plz what is it your real want  :helpsmile:    :eek:  :gunsmile:  oops:   
    It's called FTP2P.

Much like the old BBS pirate boards.

You can use a prog like Window FTP Server to serve from your own computer or a proxy FTP server to trade files with a select group of people via FTP.

The advantage is, the files are real and work, and the speeds are about 90% of your running bandwifth speed (on a 1536 connection, I usually get 140Kb/s speeds, depending on how many users are logged on).

You have to upload files in order to download files. The common ratio (upload to download) is 10 to one in MBs (you can D/L 10 megs for each MB you have uploaded), but it's pretty loose. Once you are a known good source, you can have open status (D/L as much as you want).

Users are normally limited to one large D/L at at time at which time the system will log you off to give someone else a chance to log on. You can log right back on if there is nobody else in the queue.

The downside is getting in the loop (getting the FTP addresses and PW). For the most part, this system is "by invitation only" (you have to know someone that will vouch for you to get on).