Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Double Your Harddrive Space!

I dont have another hard drive to try this, but im intrested on hearing about peoples experiences that have tried it.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Arial'>Msi ms-6330
    Amd Athlon at 1ghz
    896mb Ram pc-133
    Seagate 80gb 7,200 rpm
    Nvidia Geforce MX 420
    21 inch screen
    MSI 52X32X52 CD-RW (cr52-m)
    SoundBlaster 5.1 mp3+
    Creative Labs 5.1 Speakers
    Xp Pro Sp1</span></span>

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    i will try it what do i need?
    ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe Mobo
    Athlon XP 1800+
    1 GIG PC3200 DDR400 RAM
    WINDOWS XP PRO WITH SERVICE PACK 2
    200GIG HARDDRIVE
    16X DVD-ROM
    DVD-BURNER
    EXTERNAL FLOPPY
    LIGHT IN CASE
    GEFORCE FX 5200 256MB

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    muchspl2

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    Smells like shit. Bullshit&#33;
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    yeah right, and I have some beach front property in arizona for sale

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    I dont feel like reading the 6 pages but i have a 20 gig Samsung that ill try it on in alittle bit after my games finish.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Ok im ready to start... does anyone know where i can d/l Ghost 2003 Build 2003.775 ? And should i start with a recently formatted hdd?
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    The 120GB hard drive you purchased may have been physically identical to a 250GB hard drive, but simply it only passed qualification at 120GB

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    muchspl2
    looks bad
    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by stevieg
    Yes it doesnt work.

first. it seems that what happens is ghost creates that second fake partition from the free space on the main partition. so what happens is you have 2 partitions occupying the same physical space on the drive.

I tested it this way, maxtor 30gb drive with 15gb free, found a 17gb partition.

copied 10gb of data to new partition was still able to access both partitions fine, added another 6gb to the new partition to a total of 16gb (free space on old partition was only 15gb) this is where the main partition became corrupted, couldnt even open it through windows explorer.

okies so i thought well maybe it was just a corrupted file system, formatted the main partition leaving the 17gb partition alone. Everything worked fine. copied 10gb to the main partition and it still worked fine (still within the 28gb physical size of the drive) was able to access both partitions fine. copied another 10gb data to large partition and it copied fine but now the 17gb partition corrupted.

So what it looks like was happening was everything was fine and it "looked" like you did have an oversize drive until you tried to put more data than the physical drive&#39;s spec&#39;s are. couldnt handle it because it was in essence only lying about the size of the partitions and ended up overwriting each other.

:/

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    From iexbeta::daedelus::

doublespace is old from DOS, and it&#39;s a form of hard disk COMPRESSION. it doesn&#39;t gain extra space through weird methods like this. and if COMPRESSION is what you are after just use the built in compression of NT/2000/XP, it&#39;s much better than using old shit doublepsace/drivespace. When you format a drive just tick to enable compression.

EDIT: hell&#33; i don&#39;t even think XP would support running on a hard disk drive with doublespace, it old, it&#39;s DOS, and it&#39;s FAT32. keep away from it, it&#39;s fucked, doublespace has never been a popular option. jesus the only time I ever used it was in the day where I only had a 40MB HDD

The above is not from my "pen". All props to the true author as noted.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast