Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: K-lite Freeze

Okay, here's the deal. I'm a major K-Lite user. I live, eat, drink, sleep and breathe Kazaa Lite. A couple weeks ago however, it would start freezing up. Every few seconds it would freeze. I thought a reinstallation would do the trick, but no such luck. Then I got a little more serious. I installed Kazaa, did a full scan of my system with Ad-Aware, Spybot S&D, and Norton Anti-Virus. There were no viruses, and the programs found by the adware/spyware programs didn't seem to relate too Kazaa's malfunction. So I rebooted, downloaded a new K-lite off of oldversion.com, and tried it out. It worked okay for a little bit, but then it started to constantly freeze again. I've tried other programs like WinMX and E-Mule, but both seem to have the same freezing problems as Kazaa. I even tried running them with my firewall turned off (BlackICE) but it had no difference. It seems as though any kind of p2p program freezes on my computer, and I can't understand why. I'm posotive it has nothing to do with my internet connection or the versions I am running, because they are all working fine on my other computer running Windows XP. My computer is running Windows XP with all of the service packs and such installed. If you have any advice at all, please let me know.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    first off uninstall that full version of kazaa and then run adaware to remove all the carp left behind. Then install only kazaa lite (you can get it HERE KLR 007 . If you are still having problems then more than likely you have a corupt file in My Shared Folder. Move all the files from that folder to a temp folder and then try again. If it still locks up then you may have a corupt db folder. If this is the case then uninstall all versions of kazaa, then go to program files folder and delete all folders with the name kazaa on them. Also delete any folder with the name kazaa from the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data as well. Hint: that folder is hidden so make sure you have show all files enabled. Then reinstall latest version of kazaa lite. And try again. Hope this helps.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Well I did a full uninstall again, this time manually removing the files left behind like you suggested. For now it's working fine, but it always does for about 30 minutes or so after a fresh installation. Thanks for the advice, I'll let you know how it turns out.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    I can tell right now, it's not going to work, it's already showing signs of freezing. Do you have any other suggestions?

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    did you try what i said about moving your files and deleting the db folder

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Of course.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    BANNED
    what is your specs and tell me where your db folder was please

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Aahhhh MM to the rescue, had a good nap!

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    BANNED
    lol i have a guest this week so i'm kinda busy lol.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    I have K-Lite installed to C:\program files\Kazaa Lite K++
    My previous database folder was in C:\documents and settings\all users\application data\kazaa
    and c:\documents and settings\rune\application data\ kazaa lite.
    I'm not really sure why it named them as different folders.
    I'm not sure what exactly you want that I havn't stated in my first post, so let me know and I'll get it up ASAP. Thanks for the help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast