Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: K-lite Freeze

BANNED
    please uninstall and aftere uninstall go to c:driver and delete all kazaa folders you see then delete any db folders you find anywhere, and empty your shared folder, also make sure you have your shared folder under c: drive during install.

after doing all of the above please reinstall and tell me what you get

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    It's all uninstalled, and the application data folders with Kazza information has been deleted, but I don't know where the "C:driver" you're referring to is located. If you mean C:\driver, then I don't have that directory, and if you mean the driver cache, or the drivers folder, located in c:\windows and C:\windows\system32 respectively, I found no Kazaa data there.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    He is referring to your c: Drive as in hard drive. Do a search for files and folders for Kazaa and delete any folders that it finds with that name. Then do the rest

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    BANNED
    you should have folders for kazaa under my computer>c:drive>program folder>here you should find kazaa folders

also

my computer>c:drive>here you should find "my shared folder" also which is the default location for the shared folder(if you gonna delete this file then make sure you save your files in it in a temp folder)

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Alright, I deleted every folder I could find with the name Kazaa in it, including any files that looked like the might be Kazaa related. It didn't help any. I tried using Clean KMD, K-Lite 2.6, and KLR, but they all had the same freezing problems. I'm not sure if it's so much a problem with K-Lite itself, because this same problem occurs when I try and run E-Mule or WinMX. However, DC++ works just fine.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    BANNED
    what are your specs??

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Poster
    Originally posted by Nataki@9 March 2004 - 21:32
    I installed Kazaa, did a full scan of my system with Ad-Aware, Spybot S&D, and Norton Anti-Virus. There were no viruses,
    There were no viruses DETECTED, you mean.
    Norton AV or any AV for that matter is not infallible.

For over 3 months last year, a supercommon Kazaa virus/trojan was NOT detected by Norton -- and I went through all kinds of hell trying to convince Kazaa users SHARING that virus that their system WAS infected.

If your system 'all of a sudden' starts operating poorly, viruses/trojans should not entirely be ruled out just because the system 'scans clean'.

Turn on show all files
    Try deleting EVERYTHING in C:\Windows\Temp
    Look in your C:\Windows\ and sort by DATE -- viruses often don't hide their creation dates, or occassionally appear to be made in 1980.
    Also check C:\ , C:\Program Files , and C:\Windows\System .

Do Start, Run, Msconfig -- and check its startup tab. Anything unusual, especially garbage-name files, are suspect.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12