Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Life After The Oil Crash

Infested Cats's Avatar Mike Victory
    http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/

I only recently discovered this site, and to be honest, I think it's really scary.
    Sorry if this is old news to some, but like I said, it's new to me.

Who knows if that's really the truth... but I find myself agreeing with a lot of what is being said on that site. Does anyone know anything else about the subject?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Hey, IC-where you been?

This type of thing is not rare, but not necessarily the product of the typical doom-sayers, either.

As a consequence, it is difficult to know, exactly, how much weight to give it, if any.

Best I can tell you is, keep your ears open for additional info; if it's a genuine concern, of earth-shaking magnitude, it won't stay quiet for long.

I am aware that the current atmosphere of price increases and OPEC's non-existant reasonings for cutting production have people up in arms, but, until OPEC starts justifying it's "strategy" or bows to market pressure, we can't know how to suss that, either.

So-

Stay tuned, I guess.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    oldmancan's Avatar Poster
    Good Link IC. Good to see you posting.

A quick google seems to lend credence to the validity of the article. Time to have a good read and do some deeper digging.

All in all, the story isn't suprising. There is only so much oil. The timing is the key point. Have we reached Hubbert's Oil Peak?

Very interesting.

:beerchug: omc

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Poster
    Vert interesting, and scary. may explain Bushes sinister motives behind the Iraq
    war
    Man U fer eva

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Originally posted by billyfridge@10 March 2004 - 15:15
    Vert interesting, and scary. may explain Bushes sinister motives behind the Iraq
    war
    Yes-

I'm sure of it.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Poster
    Apparently Ford are coming together with GM this month to produce an ulta-economical engine. It's a billion dollar project with the aim to ease the oil resources deficit. The proposed specs for the engine are: Capacity: 14 litres. Fuel economy: 3 gallons per mile.

On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Originally posted by 4th gen@10 March 2004 - 15:29
    Apparently Ford are coming together with GM this month to produce an ulta-economical engine. It's a billion dollar project with the aim to ease the oil resources deficit. The proposed specs for the engine are: Capacity: 14 litres. Fuel economy: 3 gallons per mile.

Hasn't that been done already?

Must be 7 liters for Ford and 7 for G.M., huh?

I imagine we'll have to buy the gas.

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    I found a column having to do with this topic; I'll try to find it on-line and link it tomorrow.

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Its magic baby!
    I like this idea.

Support the troops by informing people that our troops are dying primarily to support our oil based, consumer lifestyle.  Slogans such "Save our troops by riding your bikes" or "Ride alone and you ride with Osama" could make it patriotic to conserve.
    Nice site and interesting information.

In the long run i think this could be a good thing because it will force us to live a more natural life. It would probaly be very tough to begin with but i think the end result could be good for this planet and for it's inhabitants.
    Wiz.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Poster
    I remember the last oil crisis in UK was good how ppl rallied round and helped each other. instead of four cars going to work it was one car and four ppl, each contributed towards petrol. at that time if u weren't a regular at a petrol/gas station
    u dtdn't get any, when u did it was 4 gallons maximum.
    thing is, we managed
    Man U fer eva

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast