Thread: I Need Help With My Cv

namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    One of my friends is trying to help me too get a job where he works in IT helpdesk for a lawyers firm.
    I know computers and software but I have no experience. Qualifications wise, I only have 3 A-C GCSES (A English Languge, B combined sciences and B Geography) and all I've done for the past 6 years is work in a Vauxhall parts department and taken courses that put me at the level of Senior Parts Consultant (highest level in my field).
    I need to write up my CV to present to the company I'm hoping to be employed by. Could anyone point me in the direction of somewhere that could give me a few tips on how to beef up my CV or prehaps anyone could give me some advice?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Here's a page which tells you how to write a CV. It has examples as well.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    i find its usually the interview that's the problem, or the at least just the other interviewees - if you get to that stage make sure you sabotage their chances
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

4. Lounge   -   #4
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    tell'em your nickname is spam the man

5. Lounge   -   #5
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Nothing matters. It's easy to get through the front door.

It's when they start testing your skills in a real world enviorment that you need to be worried about.

If it's a small business or firm, just lie and tell them you know what they want you to know.

Once you get the job, if anything comes up that you can't handle just read the damn manual. :rtfm: Or come here and ask question

Btw, make sure you tell em you need all types of goodies like expensive software and shit. They dont know anything, they'll pay for it.

Big businesses.................that's a different story. You don't even get an interview unless they know, you know, what you are doing.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    With thanks to my mate I've got a good chance of getting an interview (which I can blag through, I'm good at that) but I was worried about my CV as I've never had to write one.
    My friend started there as helpdesk and went on to learn basic, C++ and sql and now works for the systems devlopment department. I'm looking to do something similar but I just needed to get a starting point for the experience. It's a big firm of corporate lawyers but the directors there know FA about IT (exculding the IT director who my friend knows and will hopefully sweet talk.)
    The helpdesk job will just be solving basic problems (helping dickheads who dont know shit) and hardware set up. I'm hoping to get a interview so wish me luck.

Thanks for the advice.