Thread: Playstaion 2 Game Burning

can any one help me with some infomation on how to burn a full ps2 game without chipping my ps2 :helpsmile:

2. Games   -   #2
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    It just amazes me why peopel post in this section of the board when its not relevant

No offense intended

and to answer your question you MUST have a mod chip I'm to dumb to know what to do with the mod chip

]

3. Games   -   #3
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by Adster@10 March 2004 - 17:30
    It just amazes me why peopel post in this section of the board when its not relevant
    Agreed.

Moved to Gameworld.

4. Games   -   #4
    You do not need a mod chip. A slide card/filp-top lid with a boot disc (Swap Magic) will do fine.

5. Games   -   #5
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Originally posted by DWells55@11 March 2004 - 13:23
    You do not need a mod chip. A slide card/filp-top lid with a boot disc (Swap Magic) will do fine.
    woah??

what are they dn where can I get one??

6. Games   -   #6
    A boot disc is a specially designed DVD that has anarea that can not be read or burned by normal burners that contains the info that allows a PS2 to boot the disc. Once this disc is booted, it overrides the boot protection security in the PS2 and makes it so the PS2 will boot games without having to read boot data from your burned games, which do not contain the boot data. However, if you insert a new disc by pressing the eject button, it will reset the PS2's memory, erasing the ability to play games without boot data (your backups).

So, the solution to this issue is a slide card. They manually pry open the PS2's tray (this can be done with a knife, but you can really damage your system that way) much like you can insert a paperclip into a regular CD-Drive to manually eject it. By manually prying open the DVD tray, the PS2 does not know you opened it and does not reset the memory. However, to use a slide card, you must remove the front covering of the PS2 (the black ridges and PS2 logo), and if you arenot carreful, it has small clips you could break. However, these are repairable with Super Glue, and the tray cover can be put back on if you ever need to send your system to Sony for repair. A boot disc and slide card will not void your warranty, provided that you put the tray cover back on, they leave no permanent mark on your system that would alow Sony to that used them.

An easier to use alternative to the slide card is something called a flip-top lid for yor PS2. This requires you open your PS2 and replace the top shell with the flip-top lid, so it WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY. However, it does let you leave the tray cove on and is a lot easier to use than a slide card. You just press a button and the lid pops up giving you access to the DVD tray (much like a GameCube). From there you can take the boot disc out and put in your burned (a legal backup, I assume) game and play it. Many people think this may not be worth it, if you are going to open your system, you mind as well install a mod chip.

I'm not sure where to get a boot disc and slide card. I'm going to talk to one of my friends this weekend, he got a Boot Disc (Swap Magic 3) and a slide card for about $20. He uses Alcohol 120% to back up his games and they work fine. If you want more information, I highly recommend performing a Google search. This weekend, I will have a little more information for you. I hope my post helped you out, maybe if I revise it and do a good enough job, it will get stickied!