Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AnonX proxy service

Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    anyone have any experience with them? so far, everything seems ok. my IP seems to be anonymous. and i havent had any probs connecting to kazaa or bittorrent. $5.95 a month aint much, and since my friend just lost his cable account for using bittorrent, i thought it was worth a try. (btw, its the 3rd time he got nailed. they can apparently track through bittorrent, DUH! he was using shadows client, in case you wanna know) so hell, its worth a shot, as i have never even gotten a warning.

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    h1
    When you can use free proxies, why?

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Free proxies "die" very easily (start returning 404 errors etc). They also (in most cases) slow down your computer considerably. You also have to spend ages finding the right proxy for your setting and location. Also this Anox thingy claims to not keep any logs of who's using the service free proxies may do (e.g. which IP's are using the proxy at any one time).

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    this is the crux of the argument for anonX - that free proxies could, in fact be set up to by anyone -RIAA etc.

the thing to wonder is - what are the true intentions of anonx?
    <insert signature here>

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    h1
    Originally posted by vivitron 15@11 March 2004 - 16:48
    this is the crux of the argument for anonX - that free proxies could, in fact be set up to by anyone -RIAA etc.

Hear, hear.

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    i wanna hear from someone who has used them before. tho i do like some of the implications that have been made here

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    Double Agent
    i can vouch for anonx, as I personally know the admin of the anonx network, wyatt, who lives in Texas.

The company is foreign based but operated from within the US so RIAA has no juristiction nor judicial powers over anonx.

I&#39;ve been using it since last year and have NEVER had any trouble from the law. Great service, great customer support.

They&#39;ve just recent added a forum where ppl who use anonx can get together and discuss anything on that forum.

www.anonx.com

btw i am not paid to do any of this shit. I know this looks like advertising but I am just speaking from a customer&#39;s perspective and I am not getting paid for promoting it.

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by haxor41789+11 March 2004 - 18:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (haxor41789 @ 11 March 2004 - 18:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-vivitron 15@11 March 2004 - 16:48

Hear, hear. [/b][/quote]
    Their using the boxes as vpn servers. I would bet that&#39;s what their software installs as well.

It&#39;s not even worth the &#036;1.50 a week.

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    Double Agent
    ya they use linux boxes to use the vpn networks.

They charge u the bandwidth you use not the kind of software they use. Bandwidth is not free you know...

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #10
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@12 March 2004 - 03:56
    ya they use linux boxes to use the vpn networks.

They charge u the bandwidth you use not the kind of software they use. Bandwidth is not free you know...
    That&#39;s funny you say that because I ran a "free" vpn server on my MJ-12 for students at my uni that were on campus since I lived off campus and they could not access p2p networks unless they accessed them from outside the campus network.

I never charged a dime.

It does not make sense to charge for that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast