Thread: Is It Safe?

umm im a newb to this place and i dont know where to post this i tried searching also..but is it safe to use kazaa lite? i mean the newest version? i downloaded it and everything but still kind of iffy about using it? thanx

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    BANNED
    safe how??? its safer then kmd, for more info please explain

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    safe is how you use it , the program its self is fine

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    No, you may still be caught by the RIAA. K-Lite supports several functions that may deter the RIAA, but if they're really determined, they may still get you.

It IS safer than Kazaa. And the chances of getting caught are still very small.

No K-lite forum member has been prosecuted.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    sorry if my post sound confusing..i was just asking if it is safe to download with kazaa lite...if i turn off my sharing and just download would i be clear to not get caught? sorry again thanx

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by sukka4life@11 March 2004 - 00:26
    sorry if my post sound confusing..i was just asking if it is safe to download with kazaa lite...if i turn off my sharing and just download would i be clear to not get caught? sorry again thanx
    No, MPAA could still get you for DOWNLOADING a movie. It's exceedingly unlikely, but stranger things have happened.

Also, RIAA has been careless in their accusations, so even if you're doing nothing wrong they can still accuse/sue you.

Not sharing just means WE'LL come after you instead of RIAA/MPAA/BSA.

If you're not sharing something, you are working for RIAA and you're not even on their payroll! (So why work for free?)

You don't have to share anything illegal, just please share something others might want.