Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question About Iron Maiden?

fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    Originally posted by Adster@11 March 2004 - 15:56
    there power metal yes Like Judas Presit but there more dynamical
    blah.......
    I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
    I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down.

2. Music   -   #12
    summerlinda's Avatar Pyretta¤Blaze
    Fuck your genres - subgenres - subsubgenres and subsubsubgenres

Iron Maiden is rock at least

3. Music   -   #13
    Poster
    Originally posted by summerlinda@11 March 2004 - 18:18
    Fuck your genres - subgenres - subsubgenres and subsubsubgenres

amen to that

4. Music   -   #14
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by musicbible+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (musicbible)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Powermetal
    Over the years, the term power metal has been used to describe everything from NWOBHM bands to hardcore-tinged thrashers like Pantera. As a movement, though, power metal crystallized during the mid-&#39;90s, mostly as a reaction against the harshness and lack of melody in death and black metal. Though it sometimes incorporated the complexity of progressive metal, or the menace and growling vocals of death metal, power metal was essentially a classicist style, paying unabashed tribute to its influences. Its tight sense of groove was rooted in the NWOBHM and early-&#39;80s Teutonic outfits like Accept; it also drew from the flashy technical chops and pseudo-operatic vocals of NWOBHM mainstays Judas Priest and Iron Maiden. Power metal was primarily (though not exclusively) a continental-European phenomenon, with a handful of &#39;80s veterans reviving their careers, plus a number of newer bands who&#39;d started out playing death metal but wanted to sound more like the music they&#39;d grown up with.
    [/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-musicbible

Heavy Metal
    Of all rock & roll&#39;s myriad forms, heavy metal is the most extreme in terms of volume, machismo, and theatricality. There are numerous stylistic variations on heavy metal&#39;s core sound, but they&#39;re all tied together by a reliance on loud, distorted guitars (usually playing repeated riffs) and simple, pounding rhythms. Heavy metal has been controversial nearly throughout its existence ? critics traditionally dismissed the music as riddled with over-the-top adolescent theatrics, and conservative groups have often protested what they perceive as evil lyrical content. Still, despite ? or perhaps because of ? those difficulties, heavy metal has become one of the most consistently popular forms of rock music ever created, able to adapt to the times yet keep its core appeal intact. For all its status as America&#39;s rebellion soundtrack of choice, heavy metal was largely a British creation. The first seeds of heavy metal were sown in the British blues movement of the &#39;60s, specifically among bands who found it hard to adjust to the natural swing of American blues. The rhythms became more squared-off, and the amplified electric instruments became more important, especially with the innovations of artists like the Kinks, the Who, Jimi Hendrix, Cream, and the Jeff Beck Group. Arguably the first true metal band, however, was Led Zeppelin. Initially, Zep played blues tunes heavier and louder than anyone ever had, and soon created an epic, textured brand of heavy rock that drew from many musical sources. Less subtle but perhaps even more influential was Black Sabbath, whose murky, leaden guitar riffs created a doomy fantasy world obsessed with drugs, death, and the occult. Following the blueprint laid down by Zep and Sabbath, several American bands modified heavy metal into more accessible forms during the &#39;70s: the catchy tunes and outrageous stage shows of Alice Cooper and Kiss; the sleazy boogie of Aerosmith; and the flashy guitar leads and wild party rock of Van Halen (not to mention the distinctively minimalist grooves of Australia&#39;s AC/DC). In the late &#39;70s, a cache of British bands dubbed the New Wave of British Heavy Metal (including Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, and Motorhead) started playing metal faster, leaner, and with more menace than ever before. They helped influence a new American metal scene known as thrash in the &#39;80s, which took shape as a reaction to metal&#39;s new mainstream pop breakthrough, which came courtesy of Def Leppard&#39;s Pyromania. Metal enjoyed its greatest presence on the charts during the &#39;80s, thanks to a raft of glammed-up pop-metal bands, but thrash bands played complex riffs at breakneck speed, sometimes dispensing with vocal melody altogether. Thrashers like Metallica and Megadeth built rabid cult followings that pushed them into the mainstream around the same time that grunge wiped pop-metal off the charts. Mainstream metal in the &#39;90s centered around a new hybrid called alternative metal, which (in its most commercially potent form) combined grinding thrash and grunge influences with hip-hop and industrial flourishes, though it broke with metal&#39;s past in downplaying the importance of memorable riffs. Meanwhile, the underground grew harsher and bleaker, producing two similar, thrash-derived styles known as death metal and black metal, which produced some of the most abrasive, intense, hyperspeed music and graphic shock tactics the metal world had yet witnessed.
    [/quote]

NWOBHM = New Wave Of British Heavy Metal ( Had to look this up :helpsmile: )

So what did we learn today?

Iron Maiden is Heavy Metal, power metal are bands like Blind Guardian, Iced Earth and Helloween

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

5. Music   -   #15
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    [quote]Originally posted by Benno@12 March 2004 - 13:16
    Quote Originally Posted by musicbible
    So what did we learn today?

Iron Maiden is Heavy Metal, power metal are bands like Blind Guardian, Iced Earth and Helloween

I learned your a fucking hippie.

power metal has been used to describe everything from NWOBHM bands
    Iron Maiden = NWOBHM

They are the founders of power metal.

6. Music   -   #16
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    I learned your a fucking hippie.
    Sorry I really dont understand what you want to say with this

Anyway I dont think Maiden are Power Metal, you hear the differnce when you compare them to bands like Blind Guardian and Iced Earth, but Im not gonna argue with you over this there are more important things in live

After all

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

7. Music   -   #17
    Iron Maiden and Iced Earth are the same genre fo sure...

8. Music   -   #18
    summerlinda's Avatar Pyretta¤Blaze
    Originally posted by DirtyDan@13 March 2004 - 02:03
    In fact, I believe they are one and the same band

9. Music   -   #19
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Originally posted by summerlinda+14 March 2004 - 10:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (summerlinda @ 14 March 2004 - 10:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DirtyDan@13 March 2004 - 02:03
    Iron Maiden and Iced Earth are the same genre fo sure...&nbsp;
    In fact, I believe they are one and the same band [/b][/quote]

10. Music   -   #20
    WOX's Avatar L.A VAMPIRE HERO
    Originally posted by Adster+14 March 2004 - 00:37--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Adster @ 14 March 2004 - 00:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by summerlinda@14 March 2004 - 10:19
    <!--QuoteBegin-DirtyDan
    @13 March 2004 - 02:03

In fact, I believe they are one and the same band
    [/b][/quote]
    i don&#39;t care if they&#39;re in the same genre but they&#39;re old and their music is crap.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast