Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Computer Processors

as far as i know, VIA is the only company making PC CPUs that compete against Intel & AMD, but their niche is in making CPUs that generate less heat so they don't require loud fans, rather than trying to outperform Intel & AMD products. IBM makes G5 CPUs for Apple Macs. Sun Microsystems makes its own CPUs and builds servers and workstations (for business & graphic design) around them.

for non-PC products, i think Motorola is a pretty huge supplier of CPUs for things like cellphones, video games, cars, appliances, etc. they were formerly IBM's partner in the design/manufacture of Apple Mac CPUs.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    atmel makes processors for alot of things.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+11 March 2004 - 15:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 11 March 2004 - 15:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Ben Hayes@11 March 2004 - 13:55
    ok thanks,&nbsp; i was just looking at the stock market and found that amd wasn&#39;t doing as well as intel. lol its funny how much people do not know about how much better quality amd is. i was asking for different types to compare market values.
    thanks
    IMO, intel are much better quality than AMD but i still prefer AMD because of the price.

intel&#39;s beter quality because of there thrttling capabilities, if the heatsync wer to all off or fan stop working the cpu will reduce its Mhz speed and become cooler until proper cooling is supplied. amd would catch on fire if this happened...

...i have a video... [/b][/quote]
    haha me too
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@11 March 2004 - 20:59
    as far as i know, VIA is the only company making PC CPUs that compete against Intel & AMD, but their niche is in making CPUs that generate less heat so they don&#39;t require loud fans, rather than trying to outperform Intel & AMD products. IBM makes G5 CPUs for Apple Macs. Sun Microsystems makes its own CPUs and builds servers and workstations (for business & graphic design) around them.

for non-PC products, i think Motorola is a pretty huge supplier of CPUs for things like cellphones, video games, cars, appliances, etc. they were formerly IBM&#39;s partner in the design/manufacture of Apple Mac CPUs.
    Thanks god someone finally mentioned motorola and VIA.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12