Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red X's Driving Me Crazy!

I think I'm going mad! I've been fiddling with different versions of Kazaa Lite to determine which works the best for me. After much fiddling I'm using 2.4.3 with no dramas EXCEPT now on most websites I view all I see are red X's!!! I am also unable to play online games at www.zone.com etc. I have read back through the posts and nothing I have tried has worked! I'm not particularly technically inclined so please help in a way I can follow. I'm not behind a firewall or a router or anything like that. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :helpsmile:

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    Try removing the HOSTS file in the C:\WINDOWS folder (it may be elsewhere) and the rebooting.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    h1
    It would be a better idea to change it to this:
    Code:
    localhost 127.0.0.1

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Thanks, I tried changing the code in the HOSTS file to no avail. Any other suggestions?

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    try removing it altogheter

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    OK. I've removed the HOSTS file, still no joy. I've tried uninstalling 2.4.3, makes no difference. Re-installed, was careful not to tick the option for the ad blocker thingy & still all I see are red x's! It's mainly banner ads but some pages are simply covered with the stupid things!

]=

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    h1
    Restart your computer.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Restarting the computer was sort of a given, don't you think? As I said before, no joy!

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    muchspl2
    are you using a different browser maybe

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Poster
    Have you run Ad Aware (with full updates) and/or SpyBot?
    I don't think it's LIKELY to be spyware or adware, but I really have little-to-no-clue what (else) it could be.

Sorry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast