Thread: Overnet

Benno's Avatar Poster
    I installed overnet two days ago, up to now im pretty pleased. Speeds havent been great but I got my files.
    However there is one thing that bugs me. Currently I have my upload set to 20KB but at the moment im uploading to 23 people, all of them get between 0.4 and 1.2 KB/s. Is this normal or is there a way to limit upload to say 4 people max so that everyone gets 5KB?

And I also wondered if it makes a difference how much you share. Atm I only share about 5GB but my upload is always maxed out. In the last 2 days I uploaded about 1.2GB and downloaded about 1GB.
    I was wondering if it makes a difference how many files you share or if it only looks how much you upload

Thanks Benno

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Old Fella
    I think is good that you end up sharing to multiple users that way everyone is getting something, although people will complain either way - either I'm stuck in a queue, or I'm only downlooding at 3 Kb/s. This way it is getting spead around faster.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Originally posted by Benno@12 March 2004 - 16:53
    I installed overnet two days ago, up to now im pretty pleased. Speeds havent been great but I got my files.
    However there is one thing that bugs me. Currently I have my upload set to 20KB but at the moment im uploading to 23 people, all of them get between 0.4 and 1.2 KB/s. Is this normal or is there a way to limit upload to say 4 people max so that everyone gets 5KB?

And I also wondered if it makes a difference how much you share. Atm I only share about 5GB but my upload is always maxed out. In the last 2 days I uploaded about 1.2GB and downloaded about 1GB.
    I was wondering if it makes a difference how many files you share or if it only looks how much you upload

Thanks Benno
    I have my upload set at 10kB and it opens up 20 - 30 uploads slots uploading at 0.3kB each, from what i read on the overnet forums they know about it and are working on it, so hopefully the next version wont do it....

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    okay thanks

anybody can answer my second question, does it matter how much i share or only how much I upload?

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Benno@13 March 2004 - 08:57
    okay thanks

anybody can answer my second question, does it matter how much i share or only how much I upload?
    both

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    ok thanks, im gonna add some more stuff then

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    I kept wondering the same thing myself but I kept forgetting to ask about it. I have between 18-20 people uploading at one time but they are all at speeds of well under 1kb.