Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For Router Users

For you who have a router some of the ports is open and the rest is closed.
    if you dont know how to open specific ports then some programs like kazaa and online games ex. Warcraft III.

1st connect to 192.168.0.1 (Routers address)

2nd enter your password and username. (Username: admin Password:1234 if you havnt changed it.)

3rd go to Advanced Setup or Advanced Features.

4th Click on Open Ports

5th Ckick on a number which have no text to the right.

7th Click Enable open ports. Write 127.0.0.1 in the Local computer textbox.
    Choose Tcp on the scrolllist. Write the port number in the textbox to the right of the scrollist.
    Ex 1114 - 1118 opens 1114 to 1118
    Click on OK.

Done.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    So you're just hoping a random cracker doesn't notice the huge amount of ports open, ready to attack? That just doesn't make sense to me...

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by Linkton@8 March 2003 - 23:16
    So you're just hoping a random cracker doesn't notice the huge amount of ports open, ready to attack? That just doesn't make sense to me...
    you could always run it behind a software firewall

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    I've never had to open any ports in my Linksys router for kazaa..
    And doing so doesn't make much sense to me as it'll leave them ports wide open for someone to do as they chose through them..

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    I've never had to open any ports in my Linksys router for kazaa..
    And doing so doesn't make much sense to me as it'll leave them ports wide open for someone to do as they chose through them..
    not wise, not wise at all... you should block or at least close the ones aren't in use...and for extra protection...run behind a firewall aswell. every app on my pc uses a port that i let open, like kazaa...every other port is closed... plus running behind a firewall aswell... leaving ports open lets any attacker or anybody access your pc without your knowing... plus trojans/vrirus can also get in... get a firewall or at least block/close any port that has no use being open in the first place.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    why did you quote me, lunatacs???
    I was saying to not leave ports open in ones router too

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Lol,
    Of course you have a firewall on your local computer.
    And what do you meen with random ports. Of course you just open one that you need. You dont guess.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by Kibbe@9 March 2003 - 08:13
    And what do you meen with random ports. Of course you just open one that you need. You dont guess.
    No need to guess or open any specific ports.... kazaa doesn't require ports to be open in ones router to work

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    KK
    Anyway you need to do that to play on Battle.net

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Originally posted by Yusuke+10 March 2003 - 12:23--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Yusuke @ 10 March 2003 - 12:23)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Kibbe@9 March 2003 - 08:13
    No need to guess or open any specific ports.... kazaa doesn&#39;t require ports to be open in ones router to work [/b][/quote]
    thats the prob between edonkey and kazaa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast